The Curious Case of Hyp64

Have a suggestion for the forum or chat? Post it here!
Hyp-

The Curious Case of Hyp64

Post by Hyp- » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 pm

So, there was a phenomena on USTREAM tonight, before EDT became EST.

So, I was stopped playing Pokemon Red to visit TBB and kill off some boredom. I log on via the chat (on ustream.com), and typed in the following

Hyp64
(my password)

Now, I'm on the chat, but somethings fishy. Banondorf register's my name as Hypp64 (in other words, a completely different name). Thus, I was treated as a new user, until Banon linked this "false name" with my actual account, and banned me for 30 minutes for using the nickchanger without authorization.

If you knew me IRL, you would know 2 things about me.
1. I hate getting in trouble
2. I try to avoid getting in trouble
3. If I get in trouble, I fight it (if it's an unjust accusation)

I don't know how to change your nickname. And even if I did, I wouldn't do that. So, of course, I got worried, and contacted a user (to try to tell a mod what happened). What ended up happening was the user told me to suck it up. Then, I finally got through to a mod, and told him what had happened.

Of course, the mod went forth and stated I had changed my nickname without authorization. I then told them I did not know how to do that, and that it was probably an error on USTREAM's part.

The mod said that they felt I was lying to them- that there was no way my nickname could have changed unless I did it with a Nickchanger, and that because of how odd and eccentric my case was, they would not unban me .

So here's my question... (to anyone who still supports my case), what in the world happened?

I really want this resolved so this rare occurrence doesn't inconvenience anyone again, because this so far has happened on 2 separate occasions, only this time I got banned.

(please don't respond with "Why are you crying about this?" or "its just a stupid little glitch, get over it", because I'm trying to figure out what happened so this doesn't happen to anyone else).

-Hyp64
Image Image
ImageImage
yuki_fox_demon

Re: The Curious Case of Hyp64

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

this isn't the place to post this, but i'll help anyway :)

not sure who the mod was, but they clearly haven't been around enough lately. and they should not have handled it in that fashion. so i apologize for the actions of whoever it was. more than likely, they just didn't know about the problems we've had with it and thought they were doing what they were supposed to. for some reason, Banon loves to glitch with the nick-change. we're not entirely sure why, but sometimes when someone logs in and then logs in on a different name (for example, if you're a ustreamer and then log in, it will say (ustreamer-soandso is now known as <nick>), he reads it as an unauthorized nick change. it's usually easy to tell who has changed their nick and who has been glitched. Foxtrot or Bigal could probably explain it better than I could, though, but I hope this helps.

in other words, you're not the only one to have this problem, so don't worry. (also, that's 3 things ;) )
Hyp-

Post by Hyp- » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 pm

yuki_fox_demon wrote:this isn't the place to post this, but i'll help anyway :)

not sure who the mod was, but they clearly haven't been around enough lately. and they should not have handled it in that fashion. so i apologize for the actions of whoever it was. more than likely, they just didn't know about the problems we've had with it and thought they were doing what they were supposed to. for some reason, Banon loves to glitch with the nick-change. we're not entirely sure why, but sometimes when someone logs in and then logs in on a different name (for example, if you're a ustreamer and then log in, it will say (ustreamer-soandso is now known as <nick>), he reads it as an unauthorized nick change. it's usually easy to tell who has changed their nick and who has been glitched. Foxtrot or Bigal could probably explain it better than I could, though, but I hope this helps.

in other words, you're not the only one to have this problem, so don't worry. (also, that's 3 things ;) )
Thanks! I did email USTREAM (like the mod told me to do), and I told them everything, but they just told me to talk to the broadcaster (Tombobblender). However, I'm glad this issue has happened to other people, and that it's being dealt with. It's actually happened four times right now, so I basically got to wait 2 hours before the glitch stopped happening. Anyways, thanks Yuki.

-hyp64

btw, where would I post this question? I looked all over the forum, and this seemed the most reasonable.
Image Image
ImageImage
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 pm

it should actually go under Ustream, but I think that there should be a thread about questions like this. you should talk to tom about it :)
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey Hyp, I had an issue like this a few weeks ago but it was cuase my net kept droping. When ustream wouldnt let me log back in i restarted my computer and it did. Im not sure if it will help you or not but it might be worth a shot if it happens again.
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
wildduder

Post by wildduder » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm

-_- I hate it when banondorf closes the chat tap on me when i login. it think thats been a problem for a long time
-Wildduder
-Seakat
Hyp-

Post by Hyp- » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:04 pm

So, tonight I accidently logged in with the other username I use on the intarwebz.

Annnnnd I got banned.

We seriously need to fix this problem.
Image Image
ImageImage
Catgir

Post by Catgir » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am

I had a problem sorta like this. I just logged in and went to the stream and the chat kept closing on me. I had to refresh to get it to work and at times it didn't work the first time. I dunno if it was the internet or the stream, but Banon didn't say anything to me about doing something wrong.

Return to “Forum/Chat Suggestions”