My Thoughts of the Stream

TomBobBlender
Site Admin

My Thoughts of the Stream

Post by TomBobBlender » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:24 pm

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding your experiences as a TBB stream member. I am always striving to improve its overall appeal, interactivity and fun. I would appreciate your meaningful input, whether positive or not. With that being said, what changes would you like seen in the stream? What changes don't you like? What rules are too strict? What new rule should be added? What new segments should be added? Please share all your thoughts and opinions; be limitless. However, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, do NOT target specific users.

I repeat...

Do NOT target specific users. That is NOT what this post is for. Complaints regarding specific users should be directed to either a stream operator or yours truly.

Happy posting!
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

foxknight

Re: My Thoughts of the Stream

Post by foxknight » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 pm

I think the stream is Fair, I want a change like we can see cartoon on Saturday like old school Satuday, When we watch the xman and spiderman in 90's XD
BrawlerX

Post by BrawlerX » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:43 pm

The stream has too many RPG wiiplays going on during the week. Although RPG games are good, i think the stream needs more variety. My idea is that, since we have a lot of new members to the stream they have missed out on a lot of past wiiplays. "Riiplays" seems like a logical solution to this problem and it would add some variety to the stream.

Also a nintendo wi-fi game over night would be kinda cool too ^_^
DarkSonic

Post by DarkSonic » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:14 am

BrawlerX wrote:The stream has too many RPG wiiplays going on during the week. Although RPG games are good, i think the stream needs more variety. My idea is that, since we have a lot of new members to the stream they have missed out on a lot of past wiiplays. "Riiplays" seems like a logical solution to this problem and it would add some variety to the stream.

Also a nintendo wi-fi game over night would be kinda cool too ^_^
This. Also Tom I know the stream grew up, but c'mon. What happened to Everything Nintendo All the Time? How many of the Wii-Play games are Nintendo Games? Just bring back some of the old stuff Tom. Also Tom could you maybe play something other than Left 4 Dead 2 for Game Over?
ImageImage
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Ohh, I like the WiFi-Nights Game Over segment idea, very cool! Yes, there are a lot of RPG's going on, I agree, and as far as the only-Nintendo thing, I didn't want to generate a fanboy hate-every-other-system kind of attitude (it surfaced), and by including multiple systems expands the appeal to a greater audience and discussion. Keep in mind, the stream has been around for over two years now and, to put it quite bluntly, all of the good games have been played already. :D This is why I came up with the "RiiPlay" idea. Resurrect a classic by either nominating a game through a WiiPlay vote or purchase it with your Dragon Points. You can make it happen. :)

Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I agree on starting the Riiplays, or at least some less obsure Wiiplays(Like the Disney Afternoon series) Perhaps starting with the unfinished Chrono Cross would be a good idea, i'm sure there would be someone to cohost it now. I agree as well on not always L4D2 at game over. I want the random Banondorf poll to come back, it would help with the variety.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I tried very hard to keep RPGs to 2 a week max, but I consider action RPGs to be a different style of game. The only reason we have 3 RPGs is because someone bought that with their DP. I'm in favor of turning one day a week into RiiPlays, but decided what day that should be will be difficult.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I dig the idea of Riiplays, as far as what day to do it, it might be kinda biased but since its the only day i can ever catch any of the wiiplay hours I say Sunday makes a pretty good day. I also really dig the thought of Game Over WiFi nights. As far as L4D2 i still dig it to see yall play that so I got no complaint there
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
foxknight

Post by foxknight » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Riiplay. Sound cool :P
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:36 pm

as everyone else has said, i completely agree with the Riiplay idea. (though i think Okami should sort of be thrown out, unless tom decides otherwise x3). as for the l4d2 most nights, he'd actually been playing other games besides that. it was usually the game he played AFTER the other game was done. and is it REALLY that big of a deal to let tom play ONE game that he wants each night? he spends the rest of the stream time playing games we've asked him to. it couldn't hurt to give him a break.

i do, however, think we need to do something about the cohosting. i've been getting constant complaints about the same people cohosting, or other people's requests getting ignored. the IWBTC wasn't too bad an idea, though no one was every around. i might have an idea for that involving Banon again, though. as for mumble, super great idea, tom. :) it's a little echoey and touchy with the sound, but it's a lot easier to moderate than skype was.
Unholyrath

Post by Unholyrath » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 pm

I agree w/ Yuki on having to do something about cohosting. There's been a number of nights where either a) the cohost(s) hasn't really helped Tom very much at all, or b) completely ignored the chat when they are trying to give additional advice, not to mention the unrelenting spamming of requests as soon as it hits midnight EST. Perhaps we should create a thread listing not only the possible Wiiplay games, but also of people could co-host for those games.

As for the frequency of L4D/L4D2 being played, I really don't mind. It's a fun game to watch(probably even more fun to play :3) and it allows some people to play a game w/ Tom. I do think, however, that more people should be able to join the game, considering 3-6 of the slots seem to be filled w/ the same people every game.

Staying on the topic of multiplayer, we need more!! MKWii and L4D/L4D2 are fun, but we need more games to play (not to mention more tracks than Koopa Cape :P). For example, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair recently came out on XBLA, which has 6 person multiplayer. Also, once Tom gets a better computer, the possibilites open up further with games like Alien Swarm, or even RTS games like Starcraft.

So yeah, my 2 cents :P aside from that, <3 the stream Tom
Akagi

Post by Akagi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 am

I totally agree with Yuki's idea of having a game for Tom to play his own game he wants at least one day of the week. I liked it when Tom get to play games he LOVES! I remember Tom playing Megaman 9 for pretty much a whole month, and I loved it! It'd be kinda like random select or warp zone, or whatever.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:55 pm

actually, unholy, we used to have that :) that's what IWBTC (i wanna be the cohost) was. we had a thread on the forum with people listing the possible and confirmed wiiplay/gameover games they could cohost for. then banon would randomly pick from that list of people each night, and whoever was there and answered was the cohost. the problem was, Kev ended up being the only one who could cohost most of the time because there was NEVER anyone else there that had signed up to cohost for the games. so we nixed the idea.
Pete993

Post by Pete993 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Hmm... I like this Riiplays idea.

I want to say something about Mumble. While I agree, it is more useful to manage users and moderate things, it seems to have a LOT of echo. At least for me it does. If there's a better way to fix it, I haven't figured it out yet. I have a VERY sensitive mic, so the echo is more likely to be caught. And honestly, I just preferred Skype. I know we had a little trouble managing it sometimes but is it really such a bad trade off for the echo? I don't know about other users but it makes it very distracting to me and it kinda discourages me from wanting to cohost. (Of course I'll still cohost anyway if I know the game, but still I stand by my point. Though I don't really know the games lately...)

My Backloggery
Friend Codes
[Coming Soon]
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:01 am

The echo you hear is something to do with Tom's setup. We all hear ourselves through him on Mumble. Can't figure out why, thusfar. He seems to have everything configured properly and it works on Skype. Regardless, the pros outweigh the cons, I think. Even if it means hearing myself and talking slowly because of it. lol
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Pete993

Post by Pete993 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:38 am

AncientGuru wrote:The echo you hear is something to do with Tom's setup. We all hear ourselves through him on Mumble. Can't figure out why, thusfar. He seems to have everything configured properly and it works on Skype. Regardless, the pros outweigh the cons, I think. Even if it means hearing myself and talking slowly because of it. lol
Well all I ask is that we keep trying to work on it when we have time. It'd be nice to not have to hear myself. It's very disorienting.

My Backloggery
Friend Codes
[Coming Soon]
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 am

It has something to do with Mumble itself, because the exact audio setup I use for Skype does not cause an echo.

empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:42 pm

So many things have changed since I first joined the stream, including several new versions of Ustream itself but I really have nothing to complain about at all in regards to the stream itself.

I guess the only thing I have to say is more that I wish I had more time right now to dedicate myself to the stream as a member and a mod... but sometimes, real life gets in the way and you cannot always avoid it.

I hope to spend the upcoming days, weeks, months and possibly years, enjoying the stream with the rest of the members, old and new.

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

One of my suggestions was already mentioned: The Wi-Fi Night, though it would probably have to include more than just Wii games... even though Mario Kart seems to be the only game that really gives enough people a chance to play. The 4 player games would have to require a bit more of player rotation. Not too sure how much you update your friends lists.

To add a bit to that, what would the chances be for possible Co-Op or Co-Stream plays? Might cause too much lag, though... but if the stream can handle random L4D2 Versus matches, it might not be that bad.

The only other thing: if all the good games have been done for WiiPlays, perhaps it's time to move on to some of the more obscure or mediocre titles? Or at least the ones that would be fun to watch. Game Over has proven that some of the low-budget or lesser-known games can still be fun.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

I completely agree with some sort of method to allow different cohosts. We do need to clearly state to viewers how they may co-host though. A lot of the time I see viewers in the chat asking directly in the main chat to co-host and they are told to PM Tom. I have received many PMs asking me as well and all I can really say is PM Tom since that seems to be the rule. However, Tom is usually busy and does not get a chance to look at these PMs which makes their requests go astray. We really need a way so this does not happen, weather it be a moderator that takes care of this or a Banondorf script that reaches Tom so he can consider it. I'm not sure if Wiiplays should be handled this way since usually it's always the same co-hosts for each one which I'm not sure if this is the rule or if it's just favored.

A lot of people also tend to have trouble setting up Mumble. Even though there is a guide, viewers still tend to run into problems with their setup. I'm not really sure what we can do about this.

Game Over should also be Tom's decision. If he really has nothing he wants to do he usually does a poll which tends to work well. Tom does this stream for free and gives us his time to entertain viewers with games that were chosen by us for Wiiplays. As we get to share games with him, why don't we allow him to choose games to share with us that he finds entertaining for Game Over?

Sorry about the rant. :D Thanks for reading.
ImageImage

Return to “Community Concerns”