Online Multiplayer Games

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Online Multiplayer Games

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:22 pm

I love playing video games, but I enjoying them much more when I am playing them with others. That being said, please post responses to this post of ANY GAME you can think of that has multiplayer that you think I should consider. Go ahead and list games I already have, for the sake of anybody new here that is unfamiliar with my collection. It would help if you could describe the game a little bit, what system(s) they are for, and how many players can play simultaneously.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Re: Online Multiplayer Games

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
System(s): Wii
Max Number of Players: 4
Description: any combination of 4 people can fight it out on multiple stage designs. Rotation of online players can rotate in and out of the room, keeping the pace fresh.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I think I heard that you said you had Pokemon Battle Revolution but I don' believe i've ever seen you play it. It could be a good way to stream pokemon battles. Though of course it would alwas be Tom Vs. 1 other person.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll add more later, but here are a couple for now.

Game: Castle Crashers
System(s): Xbox 360 (Live Arcade)
Description: Up to 4 people quest to help hunt down a princess in this side scrolling beat 'em up.

Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
System(s): Xbox 360 (Live Arcade)
Max Number of Players: 6
Description: Up to 6 players join up to cooperatively go through several variations of Dracula's castle in order to level up, find items, and of course kill the count once again.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
MeNoSeeGood

Post by MeNoSeeGood » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Killing Floor (PC).
Players: Typical team is 6, but custom servers can allow more.

It's a Unreal Tournament 2004 mod that eventually became it's own standalone game. Basically it's an FPS that sends waves of zombies (different classes) at your team, ending with a final boss after the waves. It is a little repetitive, but there are many maps (both built-in and user-submitted), 7 classes to choose from, and most importantly I own it on Steam (and would love to play a game w/ Tom). It would be good to play on one night or so (maybe Dead End during Shocktober?)
Currently playing--Borderlands 2 (PC)
Persona 3: FES (on my PS3)
NCAA Football 13 (PS3 - run a ACC/SEC dynasty)
Walking Dead (PC)
AsianDude

Post by AsianDude » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Game: StarCraft II
System(s): PC, Mac
Max Number of Players: 8
Description: A popular Real Time Strategy game. Up to 8 players can duke it out with their armies in a single game. Along with the regular game, StarCraft II also provides the users with a custom map editor which allows many talented people to create custom maps or even mods. In a way, you get more than just an RTS game with StarCraft II.

Game: Super Street Fighter IV
System(s): PS3, Xbox 360
Max Number of Players: 2
Description: Latest entry in Capcom's popular Street Fighter series. This game features the entire cast of Super Street Fighter II Turbo along with some other characters. New elements to the game include the Focus Attack and Ultra Combo. Online play is available for you to play with random people or your friends.
ModernHyrulian

Post by ModernHyrulian » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:21 am

Game: Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch
System(s): PC, Mac, Linux
Max Number of Players: 32
Description: Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch is a new multiplayer game that aims to take Mega Man’s 8-bit style gameplay and turn it into an online multiplayer first person shooter. Everything you know and love from the classic series will appear in lovely 3d with 8-bit textures and sprites. You will be able to pick from any of your favourite Robot Masters from Mega Man 1 through 6, as well as find and use their weapons scattered around levels. With it’s intense battles, unique style, various game modes and huge amount of weapons and levels, MM8BDM is sure to please Mega Man and old school FPS fans alike.
Link: http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1490
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 am

Game: X-Men Arcade
System(s): Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network
Max Number of Players: 6
Description: The classic 1992 X-Men Arcade game from Konami, where the X-Men have to put a stop to Magneto's plans. Allows drop-in and drop-out of play at any time, as well as difficulty options, and the option to choose either the USA or Japan version of the game.

Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled
Description: An HD flash remake of the 1991 arcade game. Krang steals the Statue of Liberty for some nonsense reason, and when the Turtles try to get it back, The Shredder sends them into a time warp. The Turtles fight their way through the prehistoric era, a pirate ship, a wild western train, and even go into the future.

Game: Earthworm Jim HD
Description: An HD port of the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Earthworm Jim. Jim was an ordinary Earthworm until an atomic powered suit fell on him, turning him into the space traveling hero. Jim goes on a quest to rescue Princess What's-Her-Name from Queen Slug-For-A-Butt. On the way, he runs into other various villains on their homeworlds, and also constantly encounters his rival, Psy-Crow, in between. Features exclusive multiplayer stages based off of the classic stages, designed for 2-4 players.

*Game: Perfect Dark
System(s): XBox Live Arcade
Description: An HD port of the 2000 N64 game. As a secret agent for the Carrington Institute, Agent Joanna 'Perfect' Dark finds herself involved in the middle of a corrupt plan put together by rival corporation dataDyne and the NSA to gain control of a powerful weapon of extraterrestrial origin. Includes 2 player co-op campaign, up to 4 player co-op challenges, and up to 8 players in the multiplayer Combat Simulator. (Note: This game lagged badly the last time we played it online for the stream, though. Also, this is Steve's favorite game ever.)

And for whatever reason they haven't been posted here:

*Game: Mario Kart Wii
System(s): Wii
Max Number of Players: 12
Description: Does this really need a description? :P It's Mario Kart on the Wii! Take your favorite (or least favorite) Mario characters and race on 16 Wii exclusive tracks and 16 classic tracks from previous Mario Kart games.

*Game: Left 4 Dead 2
System(s): Xbox 360, PC
Description: You're right in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and you need to rely on the help of complete strangers to survive the horde of infected individuals. No mall or amusement park is safe. Allows up to 4 player co-op, and also features a Vs. Mode for up to 8 players, with one team being the survivors, and the other team taking control of the special infected army.

(The games I've marked with a '*' are ones Tom has played on the stream before. X-Men and Turtles in Time have been mentioned as possibilities for later. Not sure about Earthworm Jim, though, I just mentioned it because I have it.)
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Since it was just recently released:

Game: The Simpsons Arcade Game
Description: The classic Simpsons Arcade Game from Konami. Similar to X-Men, it has the option to play the USA or Japanese version. Also has the option to either share 40 total credits between all players, give each player 10 credits each, or to have infinite credits.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”