WiiPlay Video Games 2012 - Draft

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

WiiPlay Video Games 2012 - Draft

Post by TomBobBlender » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey everybody! Happy New Year! Throughout the past couple of weeks, we have been discussing the possibility of 'rebooting' The TomBobBlender Show, specifically the "WiiPlay Video Games" portion. Since the shows inception in 2008, over 100 games have been completed from start to finish with the help from the community. Over 90% of these games were blind runs which make the experience quite exciting. Revisiting these games will pretty much have the same effect on me, so I will once again need your help to get through them! This will be beneficial to any newcomers to the show who missed out on these amazing games.

The following video game series have been requested:

Super Mario Bros. Series
Legend of Zelda Series
Metroid Series
Kirby Series
Final Fantasy Series (picking up from 8)
Terranigma (yes, Terranigma lol.)
OPEN SLOT!

Unfortunately, the start times of the show may be different each night, as a few nights directly conflict with my work schedule, so that will need to be worked out. These are undecided at the moment, but you will be informed when I am certain of my schedule. As of now, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are in the clear with the normal 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST hour.

We are also working hard to prevent excessive nights of RPGs and stick to platformers.

We still have an open slot which I gladly open up for suggestions! We can continue a game series, reboot a previous series, or make it into something completely different. a WiFi Nite was suggested, for example.

I would also like to bring back other classic segments of the show, such as Skype Interviews, Ask TBB, Bead Art, etc., but that will be something to worry about at a later time.

We could use new slides for the slideshow for our new list of WiiPlay's, so if you would like to contribute, we always love to show off your artistic skills!

Feel free to leave any feedback to the post. We would love to hear your ideas! Thanks, guys!

- TBB
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Maverick-hunter

Re: WiiPlay Video Games 2012 - Draft

Post by Maverick-hunter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 pm

TomBobBlender: Throwback
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:11 am

Well, Zelda has Skyward Sword (which I hope I can be around to help when you start that one :P ), and Kirby has Return to Dreamland, so there's two new games.

I'd also say to go ahead and finish the Sonic series, well maybe at least Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations (Generations being another one I could help with). Secret Rings refuses to work, Black Knight probably isn't worth it, and Unleashed... well you already told me your thoughts on that one.

Since there's the Mega Man Marathon soon, maybe you could try the other Mega Man games like Battle Network, Zero, or Legends? (I'm knowledgeable enough on Battle Network through the 4th game, and the Zero series, but It's been a while. Someone else would have to step up for Legends, though.)

And this one is really out there, but I've seen other people stream them and get very amusing results: DANCE GAMES. Though they are only funny if you can see the person actually dancing to the songs, which you might not want to do... but you did mention the Mario DDR game before (I think?).

Anyway, for Wi-Fi Night... I think I mentioned what I thought about Wi-Fi Night revival before, but at this point in time, I think it would be better to make it open to multiplayer games on all platforms (an entire night for playing multiplayer games with the community). This would include the Wii (obviously), the 360, and Steam... and maybe even some flash/web browser games or something similar.

My only other possible suggestion would involve Community Gamers Club. Having one night where one guest streamer (probably through rotation) can get the normal WiiPlay slot (the day would also differ based off of availability), but has to stream something related to what you would stream that night (unless it ends up actually being the alternative to the open slot night).
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm

It was also suggested, and had a large amount of chat support, that we have an Indie games day for the open slot.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
RenTimH

Post by RenTimH » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 pm

PC Indie Multiplayer night? like Minecraft Parkour levels, Terreria Boss rush, even more pc indie games related to Multiplayer, or Tim Schafer games night like, Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Costume Quest, etc? Oo! Sam and Max TellTale Games fridays!
Justin TV name: Wiiguy07_2011
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 am

Thought I'd add a bit more.

I think I'll also add the possibility of revisiting games that Tom finished (reached an ending), but didn't complete. Examples would be Donkey Kong Country Returns (to unlock the Golden Temple), and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (everything after the first 70 power stars). I'm sure there are others, but those two I'm certain of.

Maybe it's something that could be added to the multiplayer game night, but the Game Show games, and other such party games like Scene It always seem to go well (Anyone remember that one night where people bet on episodes of Banzai?).

As a (probably) final footnote, I've also decided that I want to see Tom finish Perfect Dark at some point... :P
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Pelord wrote:Thought I'd add a bit more.

I think I'll also add the possibility of revisiting games that Tom finished (reached an ending), but didn't complete. Examples would be Donkey Kong Country Returns (to unlock the Golden Temple), and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (everything after the first 70 power stars). I'm sure there are others, but those two I'm certain of.

Maybe it's something that could be added to the multiplayer game night, but the Game Show games, and other such party games like Scene It always seem to go well (Anyone remember that one night where people bet on episodes of Banzai?).

As a (probably) final footnote, I've also decided that I want to see Tom finish Perfect Dark at some point... :P
i definitely remember that! XD also, i definitely like the idea of a game show night. there are plenty of game show games out there, like trivial pursuit, millionaire, etc. maybe it could be on a night that tom has to work into normal wiiplay times or something
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I completely agree with the Game Show Night idea. Family Fued was a riot! A community game night like with Mario Kart and Brawl or any other multiplayer games might be a nice change of pace for Tom as well.
ImageImage
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:01 am

I completely agree as well! A game show night would be a good change up from the now norm, and I like the sound of a multiplayer stream gameplay session with, like said above, Mario Kart, Brawl, and others that fail to come to mind right now. Also, I'd like to see the bead art and ask TBB up and going sometime :D
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Foxtrot200

Post by Foxtrot200 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:15 am

I'm glad to see we've come to our senses about the game choices! "Mash A to win!" was becoming more of a reality than a joke.

I'm happy to see you are riiplaying Mario and Zelda, two of my most favorite of game series. If I may make a suggestion, Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario is a good way to satisfy the RPG lovers and the platform lovers at the same time. Especially since the stories involved with Paper Mario are entertaining on their own. I was a bit disappointed when Steve ragequit Star Fox on us, so maybe you can riiplay that one?

Since you last played, I've played some of these games as well, so perhaps I can assist you more this time! Whether I can or cannot, I wish you the best of luck!

Maybe I'll get the chance to go up there and join you for a wiiplay or two :D

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”