Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Update Rundown

Server News and updates.
Foxtrot200

Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Update Rundown

Post by Foxtrot200 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Minecraft 1.8 is finally released and the Bukkit devs are working on getting things working for everyone.

As you are probably aware, 1.8 brings MAJOR changes to the game, the most significant being the new world generator. This may bring you to ask "What will become of our world?" Unfortunately, I cannot say that we will be using our pre-1.8 world as the main world anymore. Instead, it will be a secondary world, but there will be changes to it: No new chunks will be generated. I have found a plugin called the NullTerrain Generator, a world generator that generates chunks of nothing but air. I am doing this not only to prevent the pre-1.8 world from growing in size, but to preserve it so we don't get odd looking chunks or structures in places they shouldn't be. It's just a precaution.
This is also the plan for the survival world. (Sorry!)

As for the new world, it will be 1.8 generated and I will put a telepad or something at spawn to get to the pre-1.8 world. I have not decided yet whether or not to turn structure generation on or off, so post your opinions below. Keep in mind that structures might prove to be more clutter than convenience or adventure fodder (Especially with the mineshaft spawn rate so high).

tl;dr: The pre-1.8 world will become a separate world and we will have a main 1.8 world. Post whether or not to generate structures (Mineshafts, villages, strongholds, etc.)
yuki_fox_demon

Re: Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Update Rundown

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 pm

i kind of think generating things defeats the purpose of us doing things for ourselves x3
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 pm

I feel the same way as Yuki :/
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Satyrane

Post by Satyrane » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 am

I used to feel the same way, but now that I've played 1.8 multiplayer with the village, I love it. It's much more community oriented. I'm not attached to the villages, although I personally find the mineshafts to be a blast, so if we decide to forego them, meh, I'll be fine. However, I would like to point out that people can build their own structures whether or not we have the randomly generated ones as well.

Return to “Status Updates”