Username Origins

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
Weber121

Username Origins

Post by Weber121 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I was thinking the other day. Some user names are very strange that i see in the chat. Something that I'd love to see is the origins of your user names. So please, if you'd like to, share the story of your user name and where it came from in this thread. I'll begin with my user name:

Weber121
Weber is my last name.
The number 121 came from, and i hate admitting it, Runescape. I wanted to make my Runescape account name Weber4(4 being my baseball number), but it wasn't available. Weber121 was a suggested user name and it just stuck since then.
PSN: Weber121
Wii #: 2813 2515 0816 6404
Brawl: 0861-3026-9810
MKWii: 4468-6466-2878
Platinum: 5113 6054 1826
SoulSilver: 1591 7644 2571
Pokemon026

Re: Username Origins

Post by Pokemon026 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm

I simply reused my YouTube name. I think Pokemon025 was taken at the time.
RenTimH

Post by RenTimH » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Mine is from The Ren And Stimpy Show, but my second name and the letter "H" is basically is my real name. I just put Ren with TimH on there together to the mix.
Justin TV name: Wiiguy07_2011
RBFxJMH

Post by RBFxJMH » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm

RBF = Reel Big Fish (ska band - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHybzqaWwg )
JMH = my initials
XMentalX23

Post by XMentalX23 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 am

i got mine from my old youtube account and i started to use this name alot and 23 is my lucky number XD
IM NOT MENTAL AT ALL IM JUST CRAZY!!!
Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 am

Back when the Earth was still cooling and I was a wee one, I made an account on the YTV forums(Canadian Youth TV station). One of my favorite shows was Samurai Jack which was aired on Saturday mornings. So I had the samurai part of the name and well, who doesn't love lasers. So I chose to put laser at the front mostly on a whim and it's stuck ever since.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:59 am

as this was a decently new topic on the old forum, i'd suggest actually copying it to here. though i'd have no clue how to do that XD
beatman590

Post by beatman590 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 am

well ppl ask me why am i call beatman for? well i tell you i got beat form jet set radio and the man form megaman and ppl ask me whats the 590 about well i tell you its form jsrf 9 wins 5 loses 0 draws thats how i got my name here on the stream
BippoErnesti

Post by BippoErnesti » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:17 am

Copypasta from my YT backup.

"[Bippo Ernesti] originates from my character from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion videogame, called Bippo Ernesti, which originates from Worms 4: Mayhem, in which I randomly decided to name a worm Bippo Ernesti. In a nutshell, Bippo Ernesti started as a name for a worm, but I found the name somewhat humorous and I started using it."
Bon Para Para! Bon Para Para!
Gamertag:
PSN ID: BippoErnesti
foxknight

Post by foxknight » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Coolgamer, make sound Cool to me, then foxknight was account on chatango
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:56 pm

copy pasta from old forums:

I didn't think I would ever have to tell this story, but.. I may as well admit it.

2002 - Made first Yahoo! E-mail Address as tenchi2221
2004 - Had Yahoo Messenger, made up roleplay group
2005/2006 - changed name of roleplay group and came up with a new nickname, Empress Donna

The name stuck, even though the group eventually got disbanded in 2008 and so well.. that is me.

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
MeNoSeeGood

Post by MeNoSeeGood » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:18 pm

copied from old forum

well I have glaucoma and I'm almost blind in my right eye, so I can't see well (or MeNoSeeGood)

for a while I used SaxualHealing as my username because I've played the saxophone for about 13-14 years now (even though I haven't touched it in 2 years). But I decided to change it because a) people would put SEXualHealing instead of SAXualHealing, b) being that this was also in my e-mail address it didn't look like a good e-mail name to have if I have to use my e-mail for business, and c) I actually got denied from registering to a forum because of that username being in my e-mail because they thought it was spam.

btw MeNoSeeGood is my Playstation 3 ID if anyone wants to add me.
Currently playing--Borderlands 2 (PC)
Persona 3: FES (on my PS3)
NCAA Football 13 (PS3 - run a ACC/SEC dynasty)
Walking Dead (PC)
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:22 pm

How did AncientGuru come to be? Well, it's fairly simple. When I was a bit younger, I played a lot more games online than I do now. Even then, I seemed to be a lot older than everyone else I played with. At the same time, I used an avatar of Melchior, one of the three gurus in Chrono Trigger, on most of the forums I went to. I basically combined the feeling of being older, with the gray haired Melchior, and the fact he was a Guru, and ta-dah...AncientGuru.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Maverick-hunter

Post by Maverick-hunter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:05 pm

While playing MegmanX games my friend watched as I beat the 8 bosses one after another. he said "you should be a Maverick hunter!" Ironiclly, on ustream I was a different name, so, I desided to switch from Vampire to Maverick-hunter.
Strike2471

Post by Strike2471 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Copy and pasted from the old forum

My username goes way far back into the days when I was a Sonic Fanboy. I was like all the other n00bs who made a fan character which was usually just a recolor of Sonic. I was using some Sonic character creation thing I found and was trying to think of a name, I eventually named it Strike the hedgehog and was my username for a short time. Though I quickly wised up and learned that fan characters were stupid, though the name Strike sticked with me since then.

The numbers 24 and 71 have a separate back story for each of them and both involve car racing.

The number 24 came from when I was a huge NASCAR fan and my favorite driver was Jeff Gordon and his car number was 24. For a long time I had my username as Strike24 until the 71 came along.

The number 71 came from when I watched my first sprint car race. I was watching as the people were figuring out which sprint cars would get into the final race. The number 71 car caught my eye and made it to the finals. When the finals started I was making friendly bets with some friends over which car would win. I choose the 71 car and the car ended up getting first place. Since then my username everywhere has been Strike2471.
BrawlerX

Post by BrawlerX » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 pm

BrawlerX wasn't my first username on the stream actually :D. At first i used my full name, after a week or so i realized that i should probably change it because screen names are all rage nowadays. My current username originates from the fact that i basically grew up playing the super smash bros series with my brothers and friends. Coming to the stream and battling against everyone on stream i realized "hey, i'm fairly decent" i changed my name to Brawler and the X is just for show.
Mappster

Post by Mappster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:27 pm

I've been using Mappster for years now and I got it from the Character Mapson from Mother 3 and people around school call me Chuckster because Chuck is my real name. I combined both and got Mappster out of it and it stuck ever since.
hyp64

The Origin of Hyp64

Post by hyp64 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Well, it's kinda funny.

My original name was H -_-, because my name is Henry

Then it progressed to HWii when I started helping people on Yahoo! Answers

then I added my lucky nubmer, HWii64 (which is also the number of my favorite console)

but then that got tacky, so I tried to think of a different username

then I all the sudden had an idea

use the first initial of my last name

Hyp, then tack on the 64

Hyp64

(then I sometimes add silly things to it like 64DD, which was an add on for the N64)

I have another username that reveals my last name, but I use Hyp64 for more public stuff

like this ^_^

Did I mention I take Latin?

tu es caudex:3
FTWFTW

Post by FTWFTW » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:06 pm

My origin is kinda obvious :P.

My name comes from me loving to say "FTW" alot, and i usually say "FTW" 2 times, so i decided
to make my name after what I always said, so my username came to be FTWFTW :3
FTWFTW FTW >:3
Grifforzer

Post by Grifforzer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 pm

The amazing griffin monster I seen while watching my first Super Sentai series that is shown in Japan.

The monster that was able to command his troops without speaking a word at the beginning of the series. =)

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.
DarkSonic

Post by DarkSonic » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Copied from TheSpeedGamers' Your Username Topic

I got mine from a YouTube video that had Dark Super Sonic in it, but I thought that sounded kinda lame so I got rid of the Super and made it into 1 word DarkSonic. I originally needed then name for Ustream and Chatzy. Back then I had a 15 on the end, but dropped it about a year and a half ago.
ImageImage
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:57 pm

copied from old TBB Forums

One of the first times I was in a chat room (I didn't even have a screename yet) it was cuase my friend had to go do something and was chatting with his cousin, he asked me to talk to her for a bit so i did. We talked for a while and she asked me about myself and i told her some stuff. We talked about family and friends and I told her about a fight I had been in a few days before because somebody pushed one of my friends into a locker. She told me i was protective of those around me much like a wolf. After that she started calling me Wolfy. After talking to her for a while she asked me how old I was. She was suprised that I was so much younger then her and told me that I was very wise for my age.She said i had an old soul. She started calling me Greywolf. She told me i should join the site that she and my friend were on so i did and I tried to sign up as greywolf but it was already taken so I added my football number (67) to it. I kept that name for a couple of years untill one day this girl i was dating and i were chatting and instead of typing out greywolf she just called me gw. I asked her not to do that cause it was too short i wouldnt notice she was talkin to me if other ppl were in the chat so she called me gdub and it sort of stuck in that chat and i took it to some other places after that to the point where i dont think anyone calls me greywolf anymore.

So Thx To Stephen for having something to do

Thx To Emily for naming me

Thx To Jen for being to lazy to type my name and maintain our relationship lol she is still my friend though

And Thanks to my family and friends for making me so protective of them.

And thank you all for reading this long boring story of how i got my name

Jon
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
Bluetooth80291

Post by Bluetooth80291 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Time for a lesson in nerd.

Bluetooth is a version of wireless communication, as opposed to infrared. 802.11 is the IEEE(Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers) standard for wireless. If you use a wireless connection you might have seen this number (802.11a, b, g, n). Anyway, I took away the . and swapped out the first 1 with a 9 to get my birthyear 91.

So short version Bluetooth(version of wireless), 802(.11 = IEEE wireless standard), 91(Birthyear)
Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 pm

only I and a few others know the origins of my name. Think of Heath from Fire Emblem, my favorite Wyvern Rider/ Wyvern Lord in that game. I liked dragons a lot but wyverns were so....different, i took a liking to them very quickly. The Sage part also comes from Fire Emblem; I loved Magic based units, Mages/ Sages of all. That is how I got sage. And 08 is the year i graduated High School. <3
Pete993

Post by Pete993 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Pete993 wrote:Heh... All right. My name goes back to the good ol' days of Club Penguin. A few years ago, I used to play it and I needed a nickname that wouldn't give away my real name. So I sat for a while (I'm not good at coming up with names...) and eventually I decided I would use the name "Pete". Of course this was taken so I tacked on "993". Subconsciously, I used those numbers because my birth year is 1993, but I didn't notice until somebody pointed it out in a chatroom later. So that's where Pete993 came from.

My alt name is cpPete993. When I needed an alt name because mine was taken I decided to add cp to it (for Club Penguin.)

My Backloggery
Friend Codes
[Coming Soon]
WillSerenity

Post by WillSerenity » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:39 am

Mine's lame, lol

William Serenity is the Prince of the Moon Kingdom in my Sailor Moon fanfic Moon Knight Saga. Shorten that to WillSerenity and you got my name. Been using it since I first got online back in, like 1996. Far as I know, I'm still the only one.
Drag00n24

Post by Drag00n24 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Mine has a bit of a Story. Back in 2001 me and my friend where playing UT:Game of the Year and was bout to start going online in that game. And I was trying to think of a name so I saw my game next to the computer Legend of Dragoon and the number 24 was a cool number so I just mix the Name Drag00n24 and stay with it...the 00 in the name was a monster in LOD.
Unholyrath

Post by Unholyrath » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 pm

My username comes from the Nomad Rath in Fire Emblem, who is completely awesome(and can demolish wyvern riders ;P). And Unholy comes from the fact that the first time I used this name, I played a Black Mage in Final Fantasy 11 Online.

Unholy + Rath = Unholyrath.. Tadaa...
AntropoPhagus

Post by AntropoPhagus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 pm

AntropoPhagus

Hrmmm...... yeah, no idea, actually, I think I made it up on the spot either on youtube or on Ustream because at that point I didn't feel like either was secure or whatnot so I didn't want it linked to the other screenname i normally use.
RvBVic

Post by RvBVic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:40 pm

my origins of my user name started from the web series that is now popular of course im talking about Red Vs Blue i stand with the blue side since the red side is a bunch of idiots lol plus blue is better than red also im huge fan of the web series ive been watching since the blood gulch series into reconstruction then revelation and the mini series of the same show if i had to explain my personality i would go as church a total bad ass who takes everything seriously :lol:
Nintendo/redvsblue/tombobblender/fan/
and all around good guy RvBVic is my name and doing things the fun but smart way is my game! nothing is impossible if you try hard enough to succeed you will always believe in yourself
and never give up even when all hope is lost you must push on and keep trying nothing is impossible as long as you keep trying your hardest to succeed you will eventually succeed and you will be proud that you never did once give up in what you believed in.
PjsPjs123

Post by PjsPjs123 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 pm

My username is simple first letter of my name first letter of me middle name and first letter of my last name that's it
Mega awesome taco sauce pastry with cheese burgers on an electric piano rigged with explosives that will detonate if you change your underwear on the next tuesday of next year.

PulseLane

Post by PulseLane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Copy-paste from the old forums.

I had just finished drawing a picture of a dragon and I wanted to come up with a name for it. I sat for a while, until I randomly thought of the name "PulseLane". I have no clue why that came to my mind, but it did, and I've used it for my user-names ever since.
shadowfreak

Post by shadowfreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 pm

To be honest, I just made mine on the spot. The 1101 was mostly just added for show, but because of it, I went back and looked up the binary number system (and randomly found out that 1101 = 13 in binary, which I thought was pretty cool)
Things I learned from Earthbound: Mushrooms are evil, Toothbrushes can be used to blind people, and trees are walking embodiments of doom that explode when they die.
ModernHyrulian

Post by ModernHyrulian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 pm

My username comes from the fact that I'm a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series. I wasn't sure whether the correct term was "Hyrulian" or "Hylian" for the citizens of Hyrule, so I chose the one that sounded nicer. I added the "Modern" part because I live in modern times, unlike the other Hyrulians of back then. ;)
theprimerib

Post by theprimerib » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:34 pm

It was around the time that the first of the crappy Transformers movies was coming out, so I tried to think of something close to Optimus Prime, but not exactly. At first I went with just straight Prime, but I thought it was too simplistic. Then I thought "Why in the hell has no one ever had the username theprimerib." Idk I just thought someone would have thought of it by now but no one has, so i just stuck with it.
Foxtrot200

Post by Foxtrot200 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 am

I was having trouble thinking of one for Youtube so I decided that I was gonna press a random key on my keyboard and use the NATO phonetic and ended up hitting "F". As I expected, the name "Foxtrot" was taken practically everywhere, so I attached 200 to it and found a new username.
socko25

Post by socko25 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:12 pm

I used to be a huge wrestling fan and at the time of selecting a username my favourite wrestler was Mick Foley's "Mankind" persona. For his finishing move (The Mandible Claw) he would take a sock puppet out of his pants, which was named "Mr. Socko", put it on his hand and proceed to shove it in his opponents mouth.

I just dropped the "Mr." and added 25, which is day I was born on in November.
Theguesst

Post by Theguesst » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Don't ask me where I thought of this. I have no idea and probably won't for the rest of my life.
Cloud32145

Post by Cloud32145 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 am

Well from my 2 favorite games.

Cloud from Final Fantasy VII.

32145 from is the code the Bombers used for their hideout in my first run ever of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask back when it first came out.
Last edited by Cloud32145 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't need a reason to help people.
Brawl: 1676-3354-8720
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:16 am

did you mean the bombers? x3

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”