TomBobBlender's New Late Night Section (DnD Game)

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
Magical_Cake

TomBobBlender's New Late Night Section (DnD Game)

Post by Magical_Cake » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi guys, magical cake here. Having spoken with Tom about it, and getting the O.K., I need volunteers willing to take part in a DND game. The day of the week we do it is up to two things, the night Tom is willing to give us, and the best night for those involved. We need a DM, and probably 4-5 players, as any more than that tends to get crazy, even when your sitting across the table from each other. Sign up below with what you want to play, and whether or not you're willing to DM.

System is DnD 3.5

Newbies ARE welcome, no experience necessary.

Players:
Yuki_fox_demon (Monday)
Will_Serenity (Monday)
Eat_box (Monday)
InitialD (Monday)
Maverick_Hunter (Monday)
Grabnar (Monday)
Kaidan (Monday)
AncientGuru (Saturday) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=274058
TomBobBlender (Saturday) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=277340
Wyvernsage08 (Saturday) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=275934
KevTehNev (Saturday) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=278912

All right guys, for stats it's going to be 4d6, reroll 1's DROP THE LOWEST DIE. I apologize, I forgot we had newbies. It's generally known in the gaming circles I'm in to take top three and apparently we have more than one newer person. Can i get a post with how much experience everyone has? Converse amongst yourselves what roles you like to fill. Feel free to use this thread.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/ Yuki has provided this link to the right, it has a character sheet on it and is the one we'll be using. You MUST provide links to yours, and I'll put them in the first post.

http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm Dice Roller if Banon is lagged, no working, etc.
Last edited by Magical_Cake on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
yuki_fox_demon

Re: TomBobBlender's (possible) New late night Section

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm

i would TOTALLY play. i've played before, so I know how it works. unfortunately, for me, it would pretty much have to either be a weekend or Monday night.
jamesbob006

Post by jamesbob006 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

So now I'm gonna be following two D&D games.

edit: 3
Last edited by jamesbob006 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

I would play if i knew anything about playing DND. Sounds fun though
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 pm

If I am available, I not only want to be in on this, I *need* to be in on this. Especially since Tom could easily make a script on banon to handle all the rolling in chat, so there wouldn't be any potential cheating. everyone would see the rolls.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:53 am

If you need another player, I would be happy to join in. Sounds like fun.
ImageImage
Eat box

Post by Eat box » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 am

YES YES OH GOD YES
WillSerenity

Post by WillSerenity » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 am

I'm there, dude! =D

I've played a few times, but not since 2nd Edition.

I'm going to be a Male Chaotic Neutral Human Warblade.

My availability (Game Over-wise) is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights at midnight. Friday and Saturday after 1am.

I wrote up a character sheet and thought I'd post it here.

Name: Edgar Shinka
Race: Human
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 220
Hair: Shoulder-length, Red
Eyes: Blue
Class: Warblade
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background: Edgar comes from a strong pedigree of fine warriors that stretches back 2 generations. His family has always had a unique brand of training that would be considered very brutal by any standard. Through his father, Edgar learned the ways of combat and the Warblade. Life took a sad turn for Edgar, when his kingdom was wiped out by an unknown enemy. Now, with no one left to care for but himself, Edgar wanders the world in search of glory, treasure, and, if he can, the source of his former home's
destruction.

Edit:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=275952 Here's the sheet I wrote up. If I messed something up, can you let me know, Cake? Thanks! ^_^
Last edited by WillSerenity on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Maverick-hunter

Post by Maverick-hunter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 am

I'll Totally be a theif of Warrior or somthing. :3
Magical_Cake

Post by Magical_Cake » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

All right then It looks like we have a party, nearly two! So I'm willing to DM, but we still need a system for the chat which I believe yokai said he was going to work with tom on something. go ahead and get some characters going guys. Any and all books are welcome, if i'm not familiar with it, i just ask that you let me see the build. I don't like to limit creativity, but I also don't like munchkin play. If I dm, there will be role playing, hopefully lots, and the better description, more likely the better the xp. Unless it's the same paragraph over and over again. ;)
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Cake, 4d6 reroll 1s? seriously, that's the rolls?

I'm cool with that, should lead to some good stats.

these are the results I got, using Random.org's dice roller. rolling 1d6 over and over again. Every 1 is indicated, along with the reroll value.

5, 3, 4, 1->6 = 18
5, 3, 2, 6 = 16
5, 4, 2, 6 = 17
1->2, 6, 1->2, 6 = 16
2, 3, 3, 3 = 11
6, 5, 2, 1->5 = 18

I plan to revive an idea I played once previously, using a different god and a different race. I will be a Cleric, devoted to a god of luck. Instead of being driven by emotions, I will be driven by the flip of a coin. Luck shall determine my course in how I approach a situation.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Magical_Cake

Post by Magical_Cake » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 pm

I meant when we were in chat dude, lol. they're working on a dice roller.
Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 am

im free late week day nights and totally free for weekends.

a Ranger would be lovely
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:39 am

I am available Saturday nights for sure. Friday/Sunday are a maybe (not sure which one I'd have off if I get the job). Monday-Thursday nights are out if I get the job. Otherwise I'm available most evenings with some heads up. Obviously life can always interfere.

I have played 3 or 4 D&D campaigns, including running a Wheel of Time campaign. I have mainly played spellcasters or healers, but I can play other classes. I am not intimately familiar with the entire system, but I have a good understanding of the core rule books.

In addition, I have played a very long game of Talislanta. I played a sword-mage in this and was routinely awarded the most exp per night for role playing.

I also played many campaigns of Vampire the Masquerade. The largest of which was 12 players and lasted nearly a year (played once a week, for about 8 hours). In this I generally played as a Nosferatu who specialized in shadows. It was something I was good at playing.

I want to do my cleric that I discussed above, but I can play most anything. If there is a class that we really need, I'll come up with something. I prefer playing true neutral characters as that's a comfort zone for me, but I can play as others if it's needed.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm

i already know what i'm doing. an elf druid :3 anyway, during the week, i'm only available on Monday nights. If the entire DnD game is chat based, then I can be there Friday and Saturday as well. If not, Friday and Saturday will work as long as my net stays on. Seems to be working better now that i'm not home to use up all the usage XD We'll see
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 am

I am available usually Monday-Friday. Saturdays and Sundays I can not do.

I will be the bard since yuki is the druid.
ImageImage
grabnar55

Post by grabnar55 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I want to play as an Half-Elf Battle Mage :D
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:46 pm

www.myth-weavers.com <-- this is the website i used in my last DnD game. it's very easy to use. just make an account and go to "Sheets." basically, you roll your stats, and put them in. the site does the figuring for you for some of the stats, based on your bases. for example, when you put in your Strength stat, it might change some other stats based on that. if anyone has an alternative, feel free to post it.
Unholyrath

Post by Unholyrath » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

I know of a online tabletop simulator that you guys might be able to you, called OpenRPG. Problem is, I've had minimal testing with it. Me and a few friends were going to try out our own D&D campaigns with it, but never got started. Seen a few streams using it, seemed to be really good. Might want to give it a try, but no promises.

http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg&m=getorpg

Requires Python to run, but it's included in the installer.

Edit: Been checking out another resource I discovered(from OpenRPG's site). Tiamat is a really interesting map creator tool for D&D games. Tons of premade tiles and such. Maps do cost money(they do need to make some profit off this), but a 18x36 map at 30 dps @ 150 dpi is only $0.65. Or you can sort of get it for free, but I won't say how.

http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=tiamat
Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey guys, if this were done on some weekend(Friday or Saturday night), I'd be game. I h ave a decent set of 3rd Edition books, some forgotten realms stuff and some Dragon magazines along with other cool stuff. I played the game a bit a few years ago, attended some of the Worldwide game days along with other cool stuff. Not sure exactly what sort of character I'd like to play as yet, but I'll figure that out soonish.

EDIT: Found some 3.5 Resources, so I can read up on it.
Unholyrath

Post by Unholyrath » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am

I'll sit out of this round, but if it goes well, and there's a 2nd game, I'll probably join up. I already have a character thought up for it :3.
Yokai

Post by Yokai » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I'll be a Male Human Thief :3 We'll sort out stats and stuff night of the game I presume.
KevTehNev

Post by KevTehNev » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Any night is fine for me, I've been wanting to learn D&D for a while so this is great.
WolfAmadeus

Post by WolfAmadeus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

I am interested in playing. The best days for me are mondays, wednesdays and thursdays.
foxknight

Post by foxknight » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Sound Fun, How can i join :p
MeNoSeeGood

Post by MeNoSeeGood » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am

I'd like to watch a few rounds first since I've never played it, but I'm definitely wanna give it a try sometime
Currently playing--Borderlands 2 (PC)
Persona 3: FES (on my PS3)
NCAA Football 13 (PS3 - run a ACC/SEC dynasty)
Walking Dead (PC)
KaidanXain

Re: TomBobBlender's (possible) New late night Section (DnD G

Post by KaidanXain » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm down. Just say where and when.
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

MeNoSeeGood wrote:I'd like to watch a few rounds first since I've never played it, but I'm definitely wanna give it a try sometime
What he said
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=219178

Alright, guys. this is the character sheet I had from my last DnD game. this is how it SHOULD look like. of course you're going to have differences based on your races and classes, and what you roll your stats as. but this is the basic setup. for this particular site, all you do is put in your base stats and it will calculate others
RenTimH

Post by RenTimH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 pm

I second that playing DnD, I never learn to play one, but I can give it a shot through the chat, but not on Mumble.
Justin TV name: Wiiguy07_2011
Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=275934

This is my DnD character sheet, it's still in the works but this is what I have so far. More will be added when I get free time.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 am

Alright, Here I present Magnier, an Earth Dwarf Cleric for Saturday's game.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=274058
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Here is my character sheet for Monday (I believe).

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=276544
ImageImage
grabnar55

Post by grabnar55 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=276224

Here is my sheet, if it needs fixing let me know.
Magical_Cake

Post by Magical_Cake » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:23 pm

You have that set to private grab, i can't look at it. Gotta fix that.
Bombosa

Re: TomBobBlender's New Late Night Section (DnD Game)

Post by Bombosa » Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Room for one more?

I'm available for both nights after this coming Monday (May 09) since my finals will be done :)

I have experience mainly with 3.5 since that's what I started with and would be really happy to join you guys on some adventuring
yuki_fox_demon

Re: TomBobBlender's New Late Night Section (DnD Game)

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Bombosa wrote:Room for one more?

I'm available for both nights after this coming Monday (May 09) since my finals will be done :)

I have experience mainly with 3.5 since that's what I started with and would be really happy to join you guys on some adventuring
um, well, you're a bit late to the party... not only have we not played in weeks, we had to do two campaigns because there were too many people

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”