Final Fantasy VII.

Lasersamurai

Final Fantasy VII.

Post by Lasersamurai » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 am

Lay down your hateful or loving opinion of this highly overrated game. I believe it is a good game but not great, the story takes a dive with Aeris. After Disc 1 there isn't much motivating me to continue the game here on out the rest of the story is fairly obvious. Story set aside, I believe the game was very well done, battle system and graphically(forwhat they could do on the PS1 at the time). Over all I would rate FF7 an 8 out of 10.
yuki_fox_demon

Re: Final Fantasy VII.

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 am

i honestly love this game. i love the Materia idea, especially with the summons and enemy abilities. the story, i think, is amazing, though you do have to do quite a few side-stops to get the whole picture. and i adore the Golden Saucer :3 it's so much fun. i do agree that it sucks after Aeris dies. I mean, you lose your best healer right there. i also love the chocobo racing sidequest, but i will admit it's super annoying and time consuming X3 all in all, it's maybe not the best game ever, but i have fun playing it and i enjoy it. that's all that really matters to me.
Squall158

Post by Squall158 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Great game, Certainly not the best Final Fantasy game out there. Though to say its overrated is kind of following on with the fad thats been going on for the last 10-11 years. but otherwise its a good game. had its disappointing moments with the challenge especially the final boss being very easy.

Didn't live up to the hype that was caused over it. But otherwise it was a really good game.
shadowfreak

Post by shadowfreak » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 am

While not my favorite FF (honor going to FF6), FF7 was truly a marvel to behold, combining the 3D graphics of the PS1 with the story and music we've all come to know and love. The Materia system was well thought out albeit rather broken at the endgame, and the characters were also thought out rather well. The enemies and combat were admittedly rather easy, but they did still throw a wrench in at times, which is always good. The bosses were also varied, and the final boss might be the most well-known boss in the whole library of PS1 games. Overall, I'd give the game... am 8.5 out of 10. If it weren't for all the overhype and missable stuff, I probably would've rated higher. Still, it's worth picking up.
Things I learned from Earthbound: Mushrooms are evil, Toothbrushes can be used to blind people, and trees are walking embodiments of doom that explode when they die.

Return to “Sony PlayStation”