Super Mario All-Stars (Limited Edition)

Ragnell

Super Mario All-Stars (Limited Edition)

Post by Ragnell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Nintendo re-releases the classic compilation from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, this time on the motion-controlled Wii console, tomorrow. Supposedly coming in limited quantities, it features the original SMAS package (SMB1-3 and 2j), plus an audio CD, history DVD, and information book. The games are unchanged from their SNES versions, and the package will retail for US$30.

None of this is really unknown. Despite buying most of these games at least twice, I will be picking it up. I'm too big a fan of Mario, and too much of a collector, to pass up on it. Thing is, I know there are many who feel this is just Nintendo trying to make a quick buck by re-releasing older games on a newer system... again.

What do you think? Is this proper retail homage to one of gaming's most recognizable figures, or little more than a money grab? Are you buying it anyway? And... well, anything else you may want to bring up.

Discuss!
MeNoSeeGood

Re: Super Mario All-Stars (Limited Edition)

Post by MeNoSeeGood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm personally not gonna buy it due to it being a direct port of the SNES version, which I already have. The only collectible in the package I'd be interested in is the CD, and when you factor out the sound effect clips, you're only getting 10 songs.
Currently playing--Borderlands 2 (PC)
Persona 3: FES (on my PS3)
NCAA Football 13 (PS3 - run a ACC/SEC dynasty)
Walking Dead (PC)

Return to “Wii”