King of the Games

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

King of the Games

Post by TomBobBlender » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:56 pm

If you could claim yourself as "King of the Game", what individual game(s) would you choose and why? Respond to this post with any game(s) that you believe you have totally mastered and would know more about than anyone else. Prove your mastery by going into as much detail supporting your claim, including the number of completions, any challenges you've completed (hitless runs, minimal item run, etc.). If we feel you have achieved "King" Status, your name will be added to this post along with the game(s) you have claimed. Good luck!
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Re: King of the Games

Post by TomBobBlender » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Game: Kid Icarus

Reasoning: First completed the game with I was five year old when it first came out. I have completed this game about thirty times and can recall the directions through the fortresses by memory. I know how to manipulate the jar rooms and how to obtain each power up. I have done both speedruns and hitless runs of the game. I am also familiar with most of the original 'secret' passwords and can play most of the theme songs on piano.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Mega Man X5

This is the Only X game i own so I've very extensive game play time with it. When was visiting with me he saw my skills/hax first hand. >:3 maybe i should have helped for the X marathon. I know each bosses weakness, and i know where each heart piece and tank is. I even know the code for X's and Zero's ultimate armors :3

Star Fox 64

My first Star Fox game, I instantly fell in love with the game, I've the hard route about close to 250 times, the medium route about 160 times and the easy route about 200 times. There is no boss in this game that can stop me, i can tell you how to take down a boss the easiest way, and what to do. If you ever need help on this game, Im the one to call in.

Star Fox Adventures

When I first picked up this game i expected lost of Arwing dog fights but instead found ground based combat that was easy to get. The puzzle come easy to my know, and the bosses are always fun to beat. I've been this game about 20 times. I know where all the extra lives are, how to beat the system for scarabs and solves EVERY puzzle.

Star Fox Assault

Though this game doesn't really need a guide, you do need to know where to go and fast or you might end up losing. With over 150 completion under my belt, this game is a walk in the park for me.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

I liked this game a lot, i found how to get each and every up upgrade. I know where certain animal can be found and the best way to best each boss. I way not know where every emerald spawn point is but I have beaten this game at least 20 times but i play my favorite levels over and over and over again. I intend to help Tom beat this game and that is that.

Pikmin

I adore this game, it was my 2nd game for my Game Cube and I still enjoy playing it every now and then. I've beaten Pikmin over 90 times, gotten every single ship piece and beaten the final enemy without losing a single Pikmin. I'm currently doing a No Pikmin Loss Run, it's tough but I'll do it!

Resident Evil Remake

I premiered myself to the stream by helping Tom through this game during Shocktober. I helped get through the toughest of areas with no help at all, and Tom seemed to enjoy my help. I don't think any one can top me on this one. I've beaten this game over 40 times and gotten every single ending as well as beaten every single mode.

Resident Evil 3: NEMISIS -S.T.A.R.S.-

I also helped Tom through this game for Shoacktober, I helped to the best of my of my abilites and got Tom through this game safely. STARS!. I've beaten this game easily about 50 times on easy and hard. I know the best ways to take when given a choice. I love this game <3

P.N.03

I <333333333 this game! It may be short and may be repetitive but darn it I love it! With all the suits and full powers up on my file, this game is a snack. I've beaten this game on every mode about 50 so times.

Robotech: Battlecry

I'm a big fan of the Robotech series. I've beat this game on every mode. My victories on this game rack up to 102. I've gotten everything single medal, every time. Certain mission i still hate but i love the game for what it is.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

One of my all time favorite Kirby games, actually my very first. I know how to beat every boss, how and where to get every crystal shard. I have what it takes to pwn this game >:3. Beaten this poor game over 100 times.

Yoshi Story

I've back this game well over 200 times, and gotten every single yoshi, and beaten every single map of each chapter. I also know most of the white shy guy hiding spots. No matter how times i beat this game I always end up teary eyed at the ending song.

Fire Emblem GBA

I love playing this game over and over and over again. I've beaten all three stories, Lyn, Roy and Hector, on both difficulties over 40 each. I love the challenge of hard mode. I know where each of the secret shops are, what units are need for each mission. I know which characters are worth collecting and training for the final battle. I've beaten all 3 of the seals have even gotten each and ever Support with every character. I've beaten this game many times now with letting a single character die, I never go any further in one does die.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

This one is a tad different from the one before. While i has beaten this game quite a few times, there are a few differences. I've beaten both the stories on both difficulties over 50 times each. While this game isn't as long of the other Fire Emblem, it has more to do in the ways on "After Game" play. I've even gotten all the secret characters on every try. I've beaten this game many times now with letting a single character die, I never go any further in one does die. I've also train all three recruit units in "Super Recruit" units. Beating all ten floors of "The Tower" is a great way to get Gold.
Last edited by Wyvernsage08 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:44 pm

good god, wyvern. spam much? just put them in one post XD

Final Fantasy 8

Reason:
I've pretty much 100 percented this game many, MANY times. I've gotten pretty much everything there is to get. All the GF's, all the cards, every ultimate weapon, every type of magic, etc. I've even unlocked every GF ability. I've played it so much that I can tell you where you are exactly in the game, just by listening to the game music. I've even been to each and every Chocobo Forest and completed the puzzles in each to get the mother Chocobo.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Reason:
God, I love this game. <3 I've made it a point to complete just about everything in this game, which means completing the Bomber's journal. I've gotten every mask and completed each and every mini-game. I've also beaten the game quite a few times. It's one of my absolute favorites in the series. I also know a lot of the glitches and secrets :3

Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Reason:
Man, I love this game. It was my very first console game (not including my gameboy). I've gotten all gems, eggs, and Spark upgrades. I've also completed every mini-game and race, and gotten the high score in all of them.
Last edited by yuki_fox_demon on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pacman911

Post by pacman911 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Hmm... I think I'm gonna with... (Sorry wasad!)

Phoenix Wright Games (No Apollo Justice nor Ace Attorney Investigations)

Why these games? Well, I've basically beat those 3 games at least 3 times. Once in an AceKard2i, The real cartridge, and the WiiWare versions. I can beat the games with no problem, I enjoy playing them over and over (even though they don't really have replay value...). Anyways, I've also investigated EVERY item in the games (I'm sure of this) and I've probably seen every text in the game... Yeah... I was addicted THAT much. I have yet to beat a game with the Von Karma Challenge (No penalties nor errors), but I'm almost there! Anyways... Hopefully this gives me the King Status for the Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations x)

EDIT: I'm not sure if this should go in the "King of Series" forum, since technically this part of the Ace Attorney series... If so, I'll change it...
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Chrono Trigger
Reason: I have beaten this game more times than I can count. I have obtained every ending at least once, most of them multiple times. On my SNES cart, which still works, I have a save with every character at level **, every tabbable stat at ** for every character, and 99 of all items which you can collect more than one of. I have beaten the game on the PS1 and the DS as well. There is nothing I have not done in this game.

Contra
Reason: I have done no death playthroughs of this game using each of the 5 weapons and recorded them for my Youtube account as proof. I also at one point played through the game 43 consecutive times without dying.

Crystalis
Reason: I've beaten the game many times (at least 10?). I know where just about every item is. I know how to beat all the bosses. I know the levels required to beat them. I can beat the game without dying.

Cave Story
Reason: Okay, this one might be debatable. I have beaten this game 17 times now. I have beaten it with every variation of weapons, I have gotten all the endings (including holding on to Mr. Little for the extra dialog line at the end of Sacred Grounds). I'm currently working on a 3 HP, polar star only run and I'm at Monster X. Best Sacred Grounds time is just over 7 minutes.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Reason: I've beaten the game many times. I know how to get to all the mansions, where to get all the items, and how to progress through the game. I helped Tom get through this game during the first Shocktober.

Hmmm, seems that for me to be a master of the game, it must start with C. I probably could also claim FF6, Soul Blazer, Megaman 2, Brave Fencer Musashi, etc...but honestly, none of those do I feel like I'm supremely qualified to be #1.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Megaman X1:

I've played through the game and it's remake multiple times. I know all the weaknesses and Armor Locations. I get the Hadouken but mostly only use it sparingly, or for personal enjoyment of seeing Velgauder die after pouncing towards me. I'm still holding out for a X2 PSP remake, though the chances seem slim.
MeNoSeeGood

Post by MeNoSeeGood » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 pm

I would have said Kirby 64, but it's already taken...

Spyro The Dragon 1

Beaten the game numerous times, 100% of course. By 100% I mean all Dragon Statues, Dragon Eggs, Gems, and all speedway races cleared....everything. Plus I love this game.

Side note: The guy who does Spyro's voice, Carlos Alazraqui, also did the voice for the Taco Bell dog, and Rocko in Rocko's Modern Life
Currently playing--Borderlands 2 (PC)
Persona 3: FES (on my PS3)
NCAA Football 13 (PS3 - run a ACC/SEC dynasty)
Walking Dead (PC)
hyp64

Post by hyp64 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Super Mario RPG

If there was one game that I could tell you everything you need to know, it would be this game. My favorite game of all time, Super Mario RPG is the game that introduced me to Nintendo. Back in the day, the only games I had played were Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. One day I went to a friends house to play video games. It was then we stumbled upon this game. I remember him for that day playing for hours and me watching in excitement how he was actually able to select what a character could do, and he could use an assortment of things during battle. As you can see, this was also my first experience with an RPG.

Alas, due to the lack of any video games purchased, I was never able to replay the game until around 2006, where a friend had bought the game for amusement. Once it came out on Virtual Console, I immediately bought it and started playing it. I eventually got to the point where I knew every single strategy in the game, and around 3 months later, I beat Culex (the Secret and hardest enemy in the game). I have so far beaten the game 3 times, but I can't recall how many hours I've spent playing this game. It's an amazing game, which features my favorite music score, favorite characters, and much more.

Did I mention I take Latin?

tu es caudex:3
smashdude29

Post by smashdude29 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Super Mario 64

Reason: I have played through this game countless times, i know what to do for every star, where all the red coins are, and the best way to get 100 coins in each level. I have gotten all 120 stars within a 24 hour period, and beaten the game itself within 40 minutes (Using Glitches)
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Megaman 3

I've shown my skills on the stream many times. I'm currently working at trying to beat the SDA speedrun time.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Another game I am also speedrunning. I know the most optimal route and can get the best rank.

Zelda: Link to the Past

Another one that I am currently working on speedrunning. I do not have the Dark World completely memorized yet, but I can get to the Dark World in 30 minutes.

Dance Dance Revolution

Just try me on this game XD

Rock Band
My main instrument is vocals. I'm also on the expert setting on guitar/bass. I'm currently only on hard setting with drums.

Super Nintendo Sim City

I simply love this game ever since I received it on Christmas when I was a kid. Even though the game is completely imbalanced and all your citizens hate you no matter what, so I guess it's kinda realistic. ^^

Initial D Version 3

The game and anime that my username was named after. I'm still working on Version 4, but I play this game to death at my local arcade when they let you play all their games for 4 hours for only 10 bucks. Working on the RX-7.

Final Fantasy Legend 2 and 3

2 more games that I am currently working on speedrunning.

Monster Hunter Tri

My character has beaten all quests. Let me know if you need any help online.

Final Fantasy 5

I loved the job system of this game. I've beaten the game a few times and hope to speedrun it when I finish my other runs.

Grandia 2

Another RPG with an amazing battle system. I've only beaten the game a few times, but I have it all down.
ImageImage
Maverick-hunter

Post by Maverick-hunter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Megaman X2: I'd played MegamanX when I was younger but never accually owned it, so I new what I was in for, But, X2 was somthing I never played till MMX Collection.

Golden Sun: that last boss evil and getting all the Djinn What a pain!

Megaman Zero 1 - 4: hard games, great games... nuff said

No More Heroes: I enjoyed that game till the bitter end and what a twist! O. o
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

mav, how exactly dose that make you "King of the Game" for megaman X2? XD

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”