King of the Series

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

King of the Series

Post by TomBobBlender » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:45 pm

If you could claim yourself as "King of the Series", what series would you choose and why? Respond to this post with your game series of your choice and go into as much detail supporting your claim, including the number of completions, any challenges you've completed (hitless runs, minimal item run, etc.). If we feel you have achieved "King" Status, your name will be added to this post along with the series you have claimed. Good luck!
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Wyvernsage08

Re: King of the Series

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 pm

The Mass Effect series is a part of me, I've beaten Mass Effect 25 times, four times with each class, Adept, Vanguard, Engineer, Infiltrator and Sentinel and five times as the Soldier, done every side quest, gotten every achievement, gone both Paragon and Renegade. I've maxed out every classes Lv. at 60 with two play throughs as well as doing every side quest again just for the sake of moving my process to Mass Effect 2. I've beaten Mass Effect 2 24 times, four with each class. I've also gotten every single achievement. I know this series like the back of my hand. I know who to use for each mission and what tech/biotic skills are used best at certain times. I dare say I am the Guru of this series. But i leave that for you to decide.

The Pokemon series, I've played this series since i had my first Red Version, I'll trained hard through each game. Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I've been a fan of the series through thick and thin and i intend to stay. I've timed out my clocks for Gold - Platinum at 999:59 and they won't go any higher :3

The Left 4 Dead series. While i may have the 360 version, I've play each map extensively, I know all the safe spots, the best places to hold down. My plans work, leading my team to victory. If any of you have every seen me play or played with me, you know I'm serious about this game.
Last edited by Wyvernsage08 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Silent Hill series:

Reason:
I own each and every Silent Hill game. 1, 2, 3, 4: The room, Origins, Homecoming, and Shattered Memories. In each one, I've gotten the achievement for getting every item in the game (comes from checking every single area of the maps before continuing the story :3). Also, I've completed each ending, as well as each New Game+ on all difficulties.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:04 pm

master of a series? I'm not sure there is any full series I can claim complete mastery of.

I've never finished a couple of the FF games. I haven't finished galaxy 1/2 yet. I haven't finished Prime 2/3 yet. There are several Castlevania games I've not beaten. There are a couple Contra games I've not beaten.

I'm going to say for a series of games, there is none I can claim complete mastery of.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
MashySoup

Post by MashySoup » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Mother. I think pretty everybody in the chat knows how much I love this series, so I don't think I really need to explain.
smashdude29

Post by smashdude29 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:24 pm

I wanna say the Mario Series

I have beat each game in the (main) series at 100% a few times, including Luigi's mansion.
I also 100% both Mario Galaxy Games with relative ease. Same with sunshine, and the 2D games.
Yaya

Post by Yaya » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 am

Hmm.

I was going to say the Tales of series but Scamco won't release any games in North America, so I haven't played them all...

Hrm...

I've gotta say I'm the master of the Smash Bros. Series. Why? I think that out of all the people in the chat, I am the all around best at all 3 games. I combo you into oblivion with Falcon in 64, my Ganondorf, DK, Falcon and other characters are all lethal forces in Melee, and, I'll be honest, in Brawl (when I play it) I just choose Meta Knight.

Brawl sucks...

No, I don't play with items, and no, I won't Brawl you on Wi-Fi, don't bother asking.

I'm kind of a jerk like that.
Pete993

Post by Pete993 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Smashdude may have claimed the Mario series, but that's a very broad area of games. I choose something more specific. The Paper Mario series. (Oooohh, color for dramatic effect...) No, this does not include Super Mario RPG. I don't really think I can claim full mastery to this series, as there are still some things I can do (for example, low level runs, etc.) and whatnot, but I'd say I'm pretty close for the most part.

I have beaten all three games several times, especially the first one. I have completed Paper Mario 100%, with the only thing I haven't done being the time consuming (but no real skill involved) recipes. I have beaten the game countless times and gotten just about every item, chest, badge, etc. there is to get. I have reached the max level a few times when I wanted to do so. This was one of my favorite N64 games as a child so I overplayed it drastically. Honestly, I would have probably done a low-level run for this game at least if the idea had occurred to me.

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door is my weakest one in the trilogy, partially because it's the one I acquired most recently. I have beaten it a few times, however I have not completed it 100%. Due to it's more complex badge system, I have yet to acquire all the badges and I haven't gotten through all of the Pit of 100 Trials. I have gotten most of the items, talked to most of the people, gotten most different situations possible, the secret partner, and some other things. Also I've completed the Trouble Center.

As for Super Paper Mario, this I have gotten 100%. Again, not including recipes but jeez that takes forever. I've beaten it several times, gotten just about every secret I can think of, including Tiptron, the pipes between Flipside and Flopside and to the two trial rooms, and almost every item there is (including all the recipe disks and all the map items.) I have even beaten both the Flipside AND the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials, which was not easy at all, lemme tell you. Interesting note: To the best of my knowledge, I have even discovered my own glitch in the game that had not been seen until that point. Recording is on my youtube channel.

These games have some room for improvement and if anybody wishes to 1-UP me (lolpun) on them, please feel free as it may give me more incentive to do more things. Even if I can't be King of this series, I'm proud of my achievements in these games.

My Backloggery
Friend Codes
[Coming Soon]

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”