JustinTV Videos and Awesomeness!

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

JustinTV Videos and Awesomeness!

Post by TomBobBlender » Tue May 03, 2011 2:10 am

So, if the chat features are gettin' you down in the dumps about the move, consider the awesome features of the video portion of the service!

JustinTV has this awesome feature to record EVERY second of my broadcasts regardless if I hit record or not. That means any hilarious moments that usually go unseen can now be saved forever, and beating video games for purposes of documenting are a thing of the past. Ever since my move here a week ago, every moment has been recorded for your viewing pleasure.

What else is awesome: YOU can create video highlights! That's right. You can select specific portions of a particular video that you found of particular interest or significance, whether it be a serious glitch I found in a game, a hilarious quote I may have said, a particular moment that struck you as funny, etc. When you create this highlight, it automatically becomes a separate video for easy viewing! How awesome is that?

HOW IT WORKS: The moment the show goes on the air, the recording begins. Each video is recorded in 2 HOUR CHUNKS, and if the show continues to broadcast, it breaks then up into PARTS (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc.). My idea is this:
1. Restart the stream at the start of the WiiPlay (this will tell the video to start recording)
2. The start of Oreo Break will signify the start of the 2nd hour, completing the first full video.
3. After the 15 minutes, during the "Bee Right Back!" slide, I will restart the stream again to create a second recording (Part 2).

So, how does that sound? Also, you can document your highlighted feature settings here for all to see. This could be a really handy feature for us, ESPECIALLY for those who live in ridiculous time zones and are unable to make the show. The highlights feature can catch them up with specific events, saving time overall. What a great way to involve the community! Have fun, guys!
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Pelord

Re: JustinTV Videos and Awesomeness!

Post by Pelord » Tue May 03, 2011 2:27 am

http://www.justin.tv/kohpelord/b/285033192
One of our Dead Center finale runs. Unfortunately, Tom's quote got cut off at the end.

http://www.justin.tv/kohpelord/b/285033020
Tom beating Crash Bandicoot 2, and Ellis interrupting my spoiler... :P
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”