Vocaloid Discussion Thread

Anything non-video game, non-stream and non-TomBob related.
empressdonna

Vocaloid Discussion Thread

Post by empressdonna » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:13 am

What is Vocaloid?
Wikipedia wrote:Vocaloid (ボーカロイド Bōkaroido?) is a singing synthesizer. Its signal processing part was developed through a joint research project led by Kenmochi Hideki at the Pompeu Fabra University in Spain in 2000 and originally was not intended to be a full commercial project. Backed by the Yamaha Corporation it developed the software into the commercial product "Vocaloid".[1][2] The software enables users to synthesize singing by typing in lyrics and melody. It uses synthesizing technology with specially recorded vocals of voice actors or singers. To create a song, the user must input the melody and lyrics. A piano roll type interface is used to input the melody and the lyrics can be entered on each note. The software can change the stress of the pronunciations, add effects such as vibrato, or change the dynamics and tone of the voice. Each Vocaloid is sold as "a singer in a box" designed to act as a replacement for an actual singer. The software was originally only available in English and Japanese, but as of Vocaloid 3, Spanish, Chinese and Korean have been added.
Song Examples (in progress)

Kaito

Meiko

Leon

Miram

Lola

Big Al

Gumi

Hatsune Miku

The World is Mine
Matryoshka
Palette