Enforcing New/Old Rule

yuki_fox_demon

Enforcing New/Old Rule

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

We all know there are members of the chat who aren't particularly known for knowing how to properly use grammar. However, there has been an increased number of instances where these members have been mocked and made fun of for it. It's been sort of overlooked up to this point, but it needs to stop immediately. If you're teasing a friend about lack of proper grammar or spelling, it's fine, as long as it's good natured. What the moderators have been noticing is an increase of things along the lines of "omg, you fail at grammar" or "how old are you?". We've even seen people taking to speaking like that person in order to make fun of them. This isn't going to be tolerated anymore. I admit, I've been prone to do this myself a few times when I've been frustrated with trying to figure out what someone is saying, but can't for their lack of grammar. But this falls under the rule of not trolling or harassing other users. If you can't figure out what they're saying, ignore them, especially if they're not talking to you. If they ARE, then just ask them to repeat what they've said more clearly. From now on, if this type of behavior is seen, it will be warned under grounds of Trolling, and the users will be banned accordingly if they ignore the warning. This isn't really a NEW rule, but more of an enforcing of an old one.

While having a good understanding of the English language and how to proper utilize grammar is preferable and makes it easier on all of us, remember that some people have learning disabilities, are from other countries and do not speak English as their first language, or just have trouble typing. Please be considerate and, if you like, help them IMPROVE their grammar, rather than making fun of them.
Lasersamurai

Re: Enforcing New/Old Rule

Post by Lasersamurai » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:34 pm

So can I laugh at people who obsess over good grammar then? Kidding, I understand this well and I don't really know why I posted this anyways. XD
yuki_fox_demon

Re: Enforcing New/Old Rule

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:26 pm

lol there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a laugh at each other for silly grammar mistakes and typoes. i'm talking about being outright rude to someone because of it when they may not be able to help it

Return to “Community Concerns”