Maintenance 7/10/2011

Server News and updates.
Foxtrot200

Maintenance 7/10/2011

Post by Foxtrot200 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 am

Original Post wrote:Unfortunately, the Minecraft server has been experiencing difficulties staying afloat so I had to go in and rip it apart. Basically what I ended up doing was removing anything that we didn't absolutely need. This means trees no longer drop apples, dogs no longer respawn (if they did before), and you can no longer visit the Nether (so far, it's just unloaded. It's still there.)

Don't panic, now; I'm looking into things and thinking of ways to optimize it's performance as best I can from what I can access (which is pretty much just FTP.)

If things get better, I'll start adding everything back one by one trying to figure out what's bogging it down so much.

For more detail, here's the changelog: http://goo.gl/Q48wY
Scratch that, I've got another problem and it was bound to happen one of these days: I broke the server.

It's nothing catastrophic so don't worry about your data. Permissions is freaking out about something as usual and, me with about as much knowledge about the plugin's structure as the typical 5 year old has about the empire state building's, I'm clueless at this point.

I haven't slept for 2 days and I really must be heading to bed. I'll continue this tomorrow.

For now, I'll throw up the survival world and you can muck about in there.

Sorry about all this. :/
Satyrane

Re: Maintenance 7/10/2011

Post by Satyrane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 am

Meh, it happens. No worries.
Hyp-

Re: Maintenance 7/10/2011

Post by Hyp- » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 pm

/returns to server because he <3 survival server
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Status Updates”