Wii update needed

Zew39

Wii update needed

Post by Zew39 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 pm

The nintendo wii has a terrible online mode, the wii console itself cant play movies, and the graphics could improve. Im not a graphic whore but...
MashySoup

Re: Wii update needed

Post by MashySoup » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 pm

The console's definitely capable of playing movies. I'm pretty sure they just recently added Netflix, and I know there's a way to run DVDs using homebrew. It's not like they can just release a patch to upgrade the system's graphics, though.
XMentalX23

Post by XMentalX23 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 pm

i dont care about grapics i love the storylines that are in some of the Wii games, graphics dont hold a wii game up (or doesit idk). But they do need to improve Wii Wifi-Multiplayer.
IM NOT MENTAL AT ALL IM JUST CRAZY!!!
Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Nintendo has a very clear reason of why the online is the way it is. They said some time ago that Friend Codes are their so you don't have contact with strangers who could possibly harm you. Remember, this is Japan we're talking about. Also, a graphics update on the current Wii is impossible and unnecessary(in my opinion). Graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. Why do you play games, to see pretty eye-candy? Go watch a movie or something. Games are for gameplay and storytelling, as well. Sure games are for plenty of other things but those are the main reasons in my book.
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Netflix for the Wii actually works quite well (although I mostly use it on my 360) :P Seriously, though... when the Wii was first announced (back in it's Revolution days), a DVD player add-on was mentioned... and it disappeared without a trace. Not a big deal to me, personally.

I think graphics are more a problem with the games themselves. Yes, the Wii only supports up to 480p, and it's no 360 or PS3, but there have been several impressive looking games despite that limitation. Won't be seeing HD on the current Wii console, though... it's a good possibility for the Wii's successor.

I actually agree with the online features not being too great, though. Mario Kart is the only Wii game with a decent online interface, and even that has Friend Codes to work with. Brawl came close, but suffers from too many problems. I'd like to say good things about Monster Hunter Tri, but I haven't played it. Wii Speak sounded like a step in the right direction, but it's a feature that gets barely any support, and it is even being discontinued by some retailers as a stand-alone accessory, appearing in the bargain bins. I don't know how this issue could be 'solved', but I believe it's something that is possible to at least improve upon without having to create a completely new console... it just seems a bit late for that to happen.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 pm

although i've never had a wii, i'd have to agree with laser. seriously, don't complain about a game's graphics. compared to the first video game, they've come a LOOOOONG way. graphics dont make the game. the plot and gameplay do. also, it's a GAME CONSOLE. does it really matter if it can't play movies? (yes, i know it has netflix.) if you wanna watch movies, get a VCR or DVD player. it wasnt made for movies, it was made for games. you can find a DVD player for way cheaper than you would pay for a Wii.
RvBVic

Post by RvBVic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:30 pm

i want to re enforce what laser samurai said graphics are only part of a game if you can't enjoy the game play then graphics mean nothing it comes down to the basics that big company's in the gaming industry are over looking like oh i don't know make games that you would like other people to play and make a story that is interesting and hooks you sure graphics are important but i think that game company's rely on the hardware of the console to much then putting more effort into game play and story elements my friend kwing put's it best graphics should be secondary not the main focus of a game when making it
Nintendo/redvsblue/tombobblender/fan/
and all around good guy RvBVic is my name and doing things the fun but smart way is my game! nothing is impossible if you try hard enough to succeed you will always believe in yourself
and never give up even when all hope is lost you must push on and keep trying nothing is impossible as long as you keep trying your hardest to succeed you will eventually succeed and you will be proud that you never did once give up in what you believed in.
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 pm

RvBVic wrote:i want to re enforce what laser samurai said graphics are only part of a game if you can't enjoy the game play then graphics mean nothing it comes down to the basics that big company's in the gaming industry are over looking like oh i don't know make games that you would like other people to play and make a story that is interesting and hooks you sure graphics are important but i think that game company's rely on the hardware of the console to much then putting more effort into game play and story elements my friend kwing put's it best graphics should be secondary not the main focus of a game when making it
dude, this topic is, like, two years old XD

Return to “Wii”