Mega Man Marathon 2012: General Information

View any information relating to stream contests or special events.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Mega Man Marathon 2012: General Information

Post by TomBobBlender » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 pm

The TomBobBlender Show Presents
The Megaman MegaMarathon!
June 23rd, 2012

Hey guys! I am beginning to structure our next Mega Man Marathon (our 4th one!). In the past, the series has always been separated by the Megaman series and the X series, but we MAY be combining the two into a single run. My previous run proved that, with plenty of practice, I was able to play through Megaman 1-9 in just under 12 hours. The X series, well... another story I guess, since I only played through them once. At any rate, we are considering running both the classic and X series in one continuous run.

Also, given the success of the Community Gamers Club, we are also considering having YOU (or those interested at least) broadcast with us! Do you harness amaaaaazing Mega-abilities for one particular game that you've been dyyying to show off to the masses? This could be your big chance! Reply to this post listing the ONE megaman game you could totally own at, and also feel comfortable being challenged with challenges, which raises another point.

If you can think of any specific challenges for any of the megaman games, please list them. Don't make them generic across-the-board challenges. Be thoughtful with them, and make them worth a good amount in donations. Donators will need to challenge you with a price in mind in order for you to attempt/complete it.

If your game has been claimed, you can still play it, as long as your particular run has something unique about it (buster only, 100%, speedrun, etc.).

The following games have been selected for the Marathon:

Megaman
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Wily Wars
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 6
Megaman 7
Megaman 8
Megaman 9
Megaman 10

Megaman Legends

Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X6
Megaman X7
Megaman X8

We are not limited to these games, however. If there is a game that is not listed (and still falls under the Megaman category) that you would like to play, mention it in your post. However, the games listed above will DEFINITELY be a part of the marathon.

Should the games be played in chronological order? A random order? This is also up to discussion. We might decide the order according to player availability. It could be quite interesting.

In your post, try to include the following:
1) the ONE megaman game you believe to have the BEST knowledge/gaming prowess above anyone else that you would like to request for the marathon
2) your availability. It will most likely run from Friday - Sunday, so list hours where you'll be available (anticipated).
3) list ANY other megaman game(s) that you may have additional interest in broadcasting for us.
4) any specific challenges for mega man games
5) any other information that you feel will contribute to the marathon

TSCHEDULE OF PLAYERS
Start Time: Saturday, June 23rd, 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET

Mega Man 1 - TomBobBlender [90m]
Mega Man 2 - AncientGuru [1h]
Mega Man 3 - InitialD [40mins]
Wily Wars - RagnellExuro - [ ]
Mega Man 4 - AncientGuru [ ]
Mega Man 5 - RagnellExuro [ ]
Mega Man 6 - InitialD [ ]
Mega Man 7 - WillSerenity [ ]
Mega Man 8 - TomBobBlender [2h]
Mega Man 9 - TomBobBlender [40m]
Mega Man 10 - TomBobBlender [90m]

Mega Man Legends - TheGiocoBrothers [5.5h] ((Sunday 8:30 PM EDT - 2:00 AM EDT))
Mega Man X - RagnellExuro [ ]
Mega Man X2 - InitialD [ ]
Mega Man X3 - Pelord [ ]
Mega Man X4 - RagnellExuro [ ]
Mega Man X5 - Wyvernsage08 [2h]
Mega Man X6 - TomBobBlender [2h]
Mega Man X7 - TomBobBlender [ ]
Mega Man X8 - TomBobBlender [ ]

7 = TomBobBlender
3 = InitialD
4 = RagnellExuro
2 = AncientGuru
1 = Pelord
1 = WillSerenity
1 = Wyvernsage08
1 = TheGiocoBrothers
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Pelord

Re: Mega Man Marathon 2012!

Post by Pelord » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:57 am

I could play something from the X series that's on the X collection disc, but I really don't know which one I'd be the best with. I'll have to find some time later to determine that. I doubt it would be X2 or X5, though.

If I can figure out a way to stream it, I could attempt Mega Man & Bass, though I know there are people better suited to that game. I have completed it before, though.

I know around early next year I should most likely be available Friday and Saturday at anytime, any other day would have to be afternoon.

I will have to get back with you on this, though... this is really just saying I'm interested ;)
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 am

1) Mega Man 3
2) Friday any time should be okay. Will really need to get back to you on this.
3) Mega Man 6, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2 or Mega Man X3
4) For Mega Man 3 I could try using only the buster on the doc bots. Not sure how well the Quick Man and Wood Man doc bots will go though. I can do not using any e-tanks the whole game though. And maybe even not dying once.
5) I think this is a great idea especially due to how well the last Megaman marathon went. Let's just make sure we get the information about the event out to the internet in advance.
Last edited by InitialD on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ragnell

Post by Ragnell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:36 am

I'll just go in order.

1) Game I'd be best off playing: Mega Man X
2) Availability: In the evening, usually after 9PM EST
3) Mega Man 2-4, Mega Man X4 with either X or Zero
4) ?
5) !

I'd also be willing to try Mega Man 5, though my knowledge of stage layouts for that breaks down after the initial eight stages.

Playing the games in a mixed/random order would greatly increase my ability to play something for the marathon. While I'm usually home at night, my work schedule can be extremely wonky and it's hard for me to commit to a single time.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 am

1) Megaman 2 is the game I'm the best at.
2) In early 2012 my schedule will be very limited. I will be out of town from Jan 6th-Jan 22nd. If it was in the evening and planned ahead of time, I could set aside some time for it though. From then until mid February, I'm free any time. After that it will depend on my new school schedule which doesn't exist yet.
3) I could potentially do MM3 and 4, as well as MMX, fairly successfully, but no where near as confidently.
4) For MM2, you could challenge me to not use metal blades, but you'd have to pay me like $20 per stage to not do so, or if it was the boss refights, like $100. I can't promise no hit runs of the stages, but I'd be willing to attempt them for the price of $10 for a stage, $5 for a boss.
5) I'd love to see someone who can quickly run MM Legends or an MM Battle Network game step up and do one of those, but they are longer games and being both good and quick with them is unlikely to happen.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm

X5 called it!
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 am

I think X3 will be a good choice for me. It's probably the one I've played the most, only next to the original X.

I'm still questioning if I will want to attempt X6... as there are a few really rough spots. I'll try to find some time to practice it in case no one is brave enough to claim it.
Ragnell

Post by Ragnell » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I will play X4 with both X and Zero, if people so desire. I'd prefer to just do X, if only because I don't like Zero a whole lot in that game, but whatever! If someone wants to do the Zero playthrough, you're welcome to it... or we could turn that into a monetary challenge of some kind.

Also, Tom, I would like to request that "Wily Tower" be added to the original series list. It's a game that is only accessible after completing MM1-3 on Mega Man: The Wily Wars for the Sega Genesis. I don't think it's even been shown on the stream, and I'd be thrilled to do something that's actually new regarding what's been seen live for the community.
WillSerenity

Post by WillSerenity » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:42 pm

1) Mega Man 7
2) I'm home from work by 1am Friday and Saturday. I'm not available at all on Sunday.
3) It's been awhile since I actually played any of them to be honest, lol. I'll stick with MM7.
4) I'd say a no death run, but my strat for the game involves a suicide to get the Super Adapter as early as possible, lol.
5) ummm, moral support? XD
Mappster

Post by Mappster » Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey this is ChuckLoPresti or Thegiocobrothers.

1) Megaman X

2) I'm available usually 8:30pm-2am EST.

3) MegamanLegends, Megaman X, Megaman and Bass GBA, or any of the EXE games.

4) For megaman 5, I don't use robot powers on bosses. I try to beat the whole game using Buster only.

5) N/A
Pelord

Re: Mega Man Marathon 2012: General Information

Post by Pelord » Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm going to be attempting Mega Man & Bass (Rockman & Forte). I don't consider myself the best person for this game, but no one else really wants to do it, and those who are good at the game aren't able to stream it.

Also decided on playing some of the Mega Man Battle & Chase game. I've never played it before, and I don't know how much of it I will play, but it's something I can add to my list.
AncientGuru

Post by AncientGuru » Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 pm

The MM2 run is planned to be a race between Ragnell and Myself. That should make it a fun, unique part of the marathon.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and that empty space is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Games Completed so far:

RagnellExuro

MM2 race (with guru)
MM4
MM5
Wily Tower
MM X4 (twice)

IrregularJinny

Speedrun MM X (low%)
Speedrun MM X2 (any%)
Speedrun MMX3 (100%)
Speedrun MM X (100% then buster-only, low%)
MM9 run (with tom)

TomBobBlender

MM9

Wyvernsage

MMX5

Pelord

Mega man and Bass

TomBobBlender

Megaman 10 [not finished]

TheGiocoBrothers

Megaman Legends [issues occured so unfinished]

Zeromaster

Megaman X6 [unfinished]

TomBobBlender

Megaman 9

Zeromaster

Megaman X6 [continuation]

TomBobBlender

Megaman X6 [after zeromaster stopped]
Megaman X7

Pelord

Megaman X3

InitialD

Megaman 3

WillSerenity

Megaman 7

Pelord

Megaman and Bass (Bass story)

TomBobBlender

Megaman 9

Zeromaster

Megaman X5 [Zero only run]

InitialD

Megaman 3

Pelord

Megaman and Bass (Bass run)

AncientGuru

Megaman
Megaman 2

InitialD

Megaman 6
Megaman Powered Up

TomBobBlender

Megaman x8
Megaman 8

IrregularJinny

Megaman 9?
Megaman 10?

TomBobBlender

Megaman 9
Megaman 10

KoiKitsune

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Stuart444

Megaman Battle Network

KoiKitsune

Megaman Legends 2

TheGiocoBrothers

Megaman Legends

TomBobBlender

Megaman 10

Stuart444

Megaman Battle Network

TomBobBlender

Megaman 10

Pelord

Megaman Battle and Chase

RagnellExuro

Megaman 10

TomBobBlender

Megaman 9

RagnellExuro

Megaman 3 (gameboy)

Stuart444

Megaman Battle Network [completed]

KoiKitsune

Super Adventure Rockman Episode 1

Pelord

Megaman Battle and Chase

KoiKitsune

Megaman Gameboy

InitialD

Megaman Powered Up

TomBobBlender, AncientGuru, InitialD, RagnellExuro

Megaman 3 (race)
(?)

?

Megaman Maverick Hunter X (?)

?

Megaman Legends (?)
Last edited by empressdonna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Reason: adding information, removing stuff

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
Evil_Tux

Post by Evil_Tux » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 am

I would personally like to see the one game I posted, but not sure on your thought as it's not a game by Capcom, and not sure what your thoughts are on a fps. Course it does have a decent single player concept, it';s basically just death match with bots, with a few extras at the end of each video game series (not going to spoil it, but will say this, if you beat MM1 in it, you will see "A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS" or something like that and something different will occur)

http://www.tombobblender.com/forum/view ... =70&t=1179

Whether or not it makes the marathon, I would like to see it if it hits the stream on a later date (and maybe co-host).
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

Evil_Tux wrote:I would personally like to see the one game I posted, but not sure on your thought as it's not a game by Capcom, and not sure what your thoughts are on a fps. Course it does have a decent single player concept, it';s basically just death match with bots, with a few extras at the end of each video game series (not going to spoil it, but will say this, if you beat MM1 in it, you will see "A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS" or something like that and something different will occur)

http://www.tombobblender.com/forum/view ... =70&t=1179

Whether or not it makes the marathon, I would like to see it if it hits the stream on a later date (and maybe co-host).
tom's actually played this on stream before, so he definitely knows what you're talking about
Grifforzer

Post by Grifforzer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 pm

TomBobBlender finished Megaman x8 and Megaman 8

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.

Return to “Stream Marathons, Contests and Events”