My First Visit to the Stream

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

My First Visit to the Stream

Post by TomBobBlender » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Take a moment to think about your very first day you found out about this stream. Consider some or all of these questions.

When did you first start coming to the stream?
What do you remember seeing or hearing when you first arrived to the stream?
What were you doing just before you arrived to the stream?
How did you find it?
What is your earliest memory of the stream?
What are your favorite things about this stream?
Any memorable moments you would like to share?

Feel free to be as detailed as you'd like! I know I would love to hear your side of the story!
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

PulseLane

Re: My First Visit to the Stream

Post by PulseLane » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:46 pm

My first visit to the stream was on February 9th, 2010 (a Tuesday). I had just finished watching another stream and was looking for another one. I searched the "Gaming" section and found a stream labeled "Wifi Brawl - Come Join Us!" (something like that). I thought "Why not?" and came into the stream. Immediately upon joining I notice a message in the chat entitled "New challenger approaching: PulseLane!". Upon watching the chat more I keep seeing this "Banondorf" saying things such as people's dp, new challengers, and of course the betting. It takes me a while to fully believe it, but after a couple of minutes I find out that Banondorf is a bot. I don't really remember what was happening on the stream because I was sick, but i do know that I enjoyed everything that happened that night. Sure enough the next day I was, believe it or not, feeling incredible after a full 4 days of sickness.

My first time ever saying something in the chat was a couple days later during late night. It continued in a way where I only chatted during the late hours for a few days. After that I only chatted late at night then before the wiiplay. Eventually, it got to the point where the only time I didn't chat was during the wiiplay. I eventually started chatting during that time :3.

My valentine's day experience in the stream was quit odd because I had only been there for 5 days. I knew almost no one in the stream and I didn't say one thing in the chat the whole day :(.

Something in particular I remember was my process with buying the nick changer. After about a week or two I had made 50k dp just from the quicknicks that went off late at night ^_^. I then messaged Tom via Ustream about the purchase, if I remember correctly it was a Friday. After a week Tom went away for a week because it was his Birthday. I then waited a couple more days after that when I decided to download Skype. I added Tom to skype with the message "Hello Tom, its me from your Ustream. Could you get me the Nick Changer for 50k dp? Please and thank you!" Within literally one and a half minutes I was messaged by Banondorf saying that I had received the nick changer.

Tom's stream shall always be my favorite stream of all time; with an amazing host and a great community how could you not love it? <3
pacman911

Post by pacman911 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Hmm... I don't remember the exact date, But I know that I first joined in September of 2008.
I heard of this stream while I was just traveling through my youtube subscriptions. TomBobBlender was next, and I saw a link to his stream on his channel. So I clicked on it.

It was my first time in a live stream, so I had no idea what it was. At first, I thought it was a video.So I paused the "video". But after chatting with the streamers, I noticed that it was actually a live show instead of a video... Smashdude was cohosting and it was game over. Everyone yelling at me on trying different stuff so I can actually watch the show xD.

What I like about this stream is most of the community. They are usually nice to talk to, and you can learn a lot of things (most of the time involving gaming) talkin' with them. Another thing I like is that Tom has the talent to make anything interesting... That's just my opinion |D
RBFxJMH

Post by RBFxJMH » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm not sure of the exact date, but my first visit to TBB Land was during Shocktober 2009. Tom was playing the Resident Evil remake for Gamecube.

I didn't really feel like playing a game at the time and I had just stumbled onto the Gaming section of Ustream. I remember thinking how professional the stream looked with the timestamp at the bottom and the cool animated Zombie Mii. It was obvious right away that this was way better than anything else on Ustream.

The second time I visited the stream was the next night (I believe) when Tom and Steve (I think it was Steve, can't really remember) were playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors. That was a major game from my SNES days and watching them attempt teamwork was hilarious. By attempted teamwork, I mean Steve trying to not die while Tom dragged his character all around the screen telling him to hurry up :lol:. I knew immediately that this stream was going to be a place I had to come back to regularly.
Wyvernsage08

Post by Wyvernsage08 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

I first came to the stream through a link on FA to raise money for Child's Play on Decemeber 28th, 2008. As i watched Tom burn through X4 i realized "I'm home :D". I was very quiet, i was afraid of being yelled at due to the fact that everyone knew each other and i was just a new comer from a furry site. Tom quickly moved into X5 later that day, I felt a little more at ease but i still didn't say a word to any one. It was fun watching Tom take on the bosses I did, although the cohosts at the time could have been a little more helpful. I longed to help him for the day, kinda make a name for myself, but i didn't have a mic.
Last edited by Wyvernsage08 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I first came in during a Let's Play of Twilight Princess sometime in August, around the 14th I believe. Tom was in the City of the Sky killing birds with Bomb Arrows. He was having a blast and even recorded it. Before coming to the stream I was watching a Youtube Mario Paint of Tom's which had a ink to the stream so I clicked on it. I can't remember if I joined that chat the day I first watched his stream or not. Those were the good old days when most of us still used the old Udtream IRC which had Italics, Bold and color. One of my most memorable moments was the first Shocktober. Eternal Darkness was a thrill to see, especially that one scene.
wasad

Post by wasad » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:09 pm

My first visit to the stream was on September 20, 2008. I saw the video for the first Mega Man Marathon you were going to do and I thought it'd be cool to watch. I never expected to stay at this stream for almost two years. I've been subscribed to you for a while now, and I had seen the links to your stream page on some of your mario paints, but I haven't been interested enough to go. But I thought that a Mega Man Marathon would have been pretty neat to watch. I remember watching you play through the Mega Man games with a cohost. It's been too long so I've forgotten who was cohosting at the time. I think you were around like Mega Man 5 or 6.

I've come to really enjoy this stream. This is the only place that I go to talk to people about video games and such. Most of the people on the stream are friendly and easy to talk to. The stream is really well run, yet very lax. These so many things I love about the stream I couldn't possibly post all of them so I'll stop now xP
XMentalX23

Post by XMentalX23 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

My first visit to the stream was around August 17, 2009, and i was watching i think a zeldathon something like that and toms stream was on the Recommended Live Shows, so i was like cool awesome, i believe tom was playing StarFox or something like that idk, but soon i was staying up late to watch the best gaming stream around (for reals) :D
IM NOT MENTAL AT ALL IM JUST CRAZY!!!
beatman590

Post by beatman590 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:53 am

my first visit to the stream well i first visit to the stream was i found tbb on youtube i was like on youtube whos this guy and i found out form ppl its the nintendo guy but i got banned the fist day on the stream D: oh i was called beat or beatman on this stream lol XD
Last edited by beatman590 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pokemon026

Post by Pokemon026 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I found this stream after watching...I'm pretty sure it was an ExtraLives marathon last summer. After seeing that it had ended, I looked around for more gaming streams, and recognized TomBobBlender from YouTube. It was during the Pokemon Emerald LP (I was not yet to be deprived my Pokemon, as it seemed), so I enjoyed it. After a few days, I created my Onemorelevel account for marathons. After I came to the realization that I still needed sleep at that time, I switched it to my much-better YouTube account. The rest is a very memorable history.
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 pm

about Decemberish 2008?

How did you find it?

My and my friend wanted to watch something, but most games streams were down or offline, so we ended up finding this one and decided to watch, not regretted it.

Sitting up at 12am GMT, glancing in on the chat and realising that banondorf was a bot with good games on it.

Oreos, the music, the chat, banondorf and most of all Tom and his awesomeness.

I remember last week's question time, first time I had got to see Tom talk and asking him questions to help my friend with his stream. It was awesome.

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
burntnorris

Post by burntnorris » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm

-It was very early on to be sure. June or July 2008, maybe? I just remember it was Summer Vacation. I was to be a junior. Ahh, the memories.

-Tom's Wii, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Music, Tombobblender, HeavilyArmedGypsy, and questions.

-Just like many, I saw a link in one of Tom's videos.

How did you find it?
-The video I found because I was subscribed to Tom's videos on Youtube. The first Tombob video I watched was "Brawl: Misheard Lyrics", and it's still my favorite.

-Well, the Game Show, of course!

-Tom. I don't know what he thinks of me, but I think the world of him. I'd honestly say he's a role model of mine.

-When Tom made the Gulphpro Mii and sent it. I was rolling.
stop
Grifforzer

Post by Grifforzer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Around May of 2009

It was game over time and Tom was playing Megaman 7 in a NES format.

I was in a Bizzaro World watching another person stream retro games.

How did you find it?
The live stream links or what would be called recommended streams.

Playing the rock/paper/scissors game and doing the commands wrong. When I finally got the command right with Eat Box's help (who was co-hosting that night) Banondorf used the banhammer on me. (that cheating bot.. grr)

The fact that everyone is very nice and helpful

I helped Tom to finally beat Blaster Master for the first time in his life. =)

The time when the stream lagged 30 minutes. Tom and the co host left for the night not telling anyone in the chat.

The "I wanna be the cohost" choosing the same person all the time even though there were other people to choose from on the list for that wiiplay. Banon was a very annoying that night which I think almost lasted the whole 15 minutes before wiiplay time..

I was "Noob Of The Day" for about 4 hours. Banondorf randomly chose a noob during the evening hours before "Game Over" and I was chosen. Banondorf's "Noob Of The Day" script ran again at the normal midnight hour choosing someone else.

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.
MashySoup

Post by MashySoup » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 am

I had been popping in and watching for the first few days, but it wasn't until the 12th day that I actually created an account.
fingertips, madny, HAGGGGGG, and several others. I think Tom was showing his modded Wii and playing music.
Probably watching a YouTube video of Tom's.
How did you find it?
I was really into Tom's videos at the time (I found out about him from Nintendo Power), and I saw a link to the stream in one of the video descriptions, so I thought it would be fun to check it out.
I remember when I first arrived people kept calling me "madnysoup" and I got really mad. Also, CurlyFry linked me to wowomg.com... ugh.
Tom. Seriously though, I wouldn't be into classic gaming AT ALL if it wasn't for Tom. Honestly, I had never even played a Super Nintendo game up until a few years ago, and I had no idea how to use a forum or chatroom before I joined the stream. I didn't even know what a meme was.
Ha ha, the gulphpro mii. Basically, golfpro was being really annoying in the chat and was constantly asking how to get the homebrew channel (he even pretended to be his mom at one point), so Tom thought it would be funny to make a mii of him. He made it black, gave it a huge blonde afro, and added all kinds of make-up. The end result was hilarious, and Tom sent it to golfpro.
It was also really awesome staying up until 2:30 AM (MST) every night just watching Tom play Twilight Princess. That was back in Summer '08, when he started playing at 12 AM EST. I remember after TP one night, really late, someone gave Tom the idea of playing multiple games different days of the week. I helped create the schedule and gave game suggestions, and I thought that was really cool at the time.
DarkSonic

Post by DarkSonic » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm

I think I first started coming around the 3rd week of Month 2 or the 1st week of Month 3.

When I came into the stream for my first time, I remember hearing Tom Play Super Mario 64 and I could hear my Friend SmashDude29 co-hosting.

Before I came to the stream I was talking to ColdSteel1212 in a Skype Chat.

How did you find it?
Well, while I was talking to Cost, He suggested I come to Tom's stream. He said He was a mod and said our friend SmashDude29 was co-hosting for Super Mario 64.

My earliest and most hated memory of the stream was being banned (by Kev) after being in the chat for about an hour.

The Veteran Community. No offense to anyone who wasn't here before Month 5, but The old community members know what the old Stream was like and can appreciate it for what it was.

Well, When I first co-hosted, was pretty special. The first game I co-hosted for was MegaMan 8 in the first MegaMan MegaThon. I had stayed up for all of the marathon, and no one in the stream at the time knew anything about MegaMan 8, so I took a crack at co-hosting. I had just watched a Walkthrough of MegaMan 8 on YouTube about 2 hours before co-hosting(This was before we established the no reading from a guide rule). When Tom got to the infamous Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide! part of MegaMan 8, he muted me on Skype so he could concentrate. Of course, he took about and hour on each of these sections. When Tom finally made it to Wily, he took about 4 hours to beat him. Only problem is I fell asleep while co-hosting on the final boss.
ImageImage
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Post by TomBobBlender » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:13 pm

I first decided to air the stream to show off my ferret, Buddii, to a group of friends of mine, and how he plays with his paper bag. I then set a camera on a stack of books and boxes and aimed it in his cage and left it on overnight while he slept. The next day there were a handful of people asking all kinds of questions. The rest is history.

I had my Kid Icarus remix I had arranged the night before on loop for two days straight using Windows Media Player Classic. At the time, I didn't have any video songs whatsoever, besides a few MIDI files and Mario Paint arrangements I had made.

Talking on Skype to a few friends of mine who wanted to see Buddii

How did you find it?
They actually told me they heard about this site that did live streaming. None of us knew the name or anything, but a quick search pulled up ustream, and away I went, even though none of it made sense at the time.

my friends commenting on how big my feet were

The community. It's probably the only reason I keep this place going. I have formed terrific, meaningful relationships that I wouldn't exchange for the world. Besides teaching and practicing/playing the piano for an ungodly amount of time each day (usually 3-4 hours a day), the stream was a perfect way to unwind and "get away" for a while. Broadcasting and having shows has always been an interest of mine, as early as the 3rd grade where I would record myself on audio-cassettes and having self-voiced interviews with cartoon characters (such as Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, etc.) and even a radio station with a few of my friends. I've always wondered where those tapes went.

Everyone's constant disbelief in the amount of patience I have, and any moment where my complete randomness and horrible gaming and voice acting can add to someones day.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I first started coming sometime between August and September of 2008.

first thing i saw when i entered the stream was zeke (aka itselguapo) saying "IT'S THE GOD HAND!!!"

i was talking to zeke on yahoo and doing some homework.

How did you find it?
zeke showed it to me. we were talking and he mentioned a ferret. i asked what he was talking about and he linked me to the ustream page. sure enough, there was a ferret on the stream.

being mistaken for a guy over and over, for one XD also i remember tom playing Okami

one of them would have to be the sense of community. i've been in several other streams, but NONE like the one we have. i can honestly say there are several people in the chat that i would consider very good friends. i also love how awesome tom is (not trying to be flattering x3) he's a great guy who would do just about anything for a friend.

probably me asking who shigeru miyamoto was and not realizing tom was in the chat.
WillSerenity

Post by WillSerenity » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:00 am

Hmmm, I forget the date or, even,when it was. Tom would have to pull out that notepad and tell me. I do know that I'd just recently made a Ustream account and had already become a bit addicted. I was bored one night and scouring the gaming section. I saw a channel playing Brawl and thought I'd check it out. I don't remember saying anything, but I was more into watching the show than anything.

Heck, I dun even remember when I first started actually chatting. I really just remember thinking that there's no real way that these people would let me into their little clique. I figured I'd be there for a bit, get tired of everyone ignoring me, and just leave, lol. Good thing I was wrong. =D

My favorite thing is the community and how warm and welcoming everyone is...as long as you're not a complete noob, I guess, haha. Everyone's just cool. :D

The 2nd Mega Man Marathon will always be a favorite moment. I did my homework and helped Tom get everything in MM7. It seemed Tom hit his second wind at that point and it felt good to be a part of that. Oh, and "EASIEST GAME EVER!!"

I remember many late night chats where things would get a little...risque XD I'm sure they existed before me, but I'd like to think I added to them.

Oh, and Ms-B having, undeniably, the best timing ever!
Unholyrath

Post by Unholyrath » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Around the middle of April, around the time Steve was finishing DK64.

First thing I remember seeing is Steve trying to fly through those cursed rings in the final area of DK64, and getting rather annoyed.

I was actually browsing through the Gaming section of Ustream, having just started visiting the site.

How did you find it?
While going down the list of streams, thought the game being played looked interesting, so I clicked :P

Tom having to save Steve's rear from running out of time XD

Oreo Break, Jokingly requesting Tom play M.U.L.E. for Game Over, and Banon's impeccible timing with his scripts.

Probably the night that Tom was in the chat and Banondorf was SERIOUSLY out to get him.

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”