TBB Memes

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

TBB Memes

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 pm

When something has been around long enough, inside jokes are sure to surface. The internet lingo would refer to these 'inside jokes' as 'memes'. That being said, how many different TBB memes can you think of? Here are what I came up with:

Name: Kid Icarus Reference! (KIR)
Origination/Description: The "Kid Icarus Reference" first started through a Contra Let's Play from my YouTube page. I was coming across a row of alternating spikes that try and crush you, and I shouted out "Kid Icarus Reference!". I generally use "Kid Icarus Reference" to identify ANY reference to the game in ANY respect, but to true root of a "Kid Icarus Reference" exists in this community whenever the name/word 'pit' shows up (even as part of a word, such as capitulation) either written or spoken.

Name: Every game has a reference!
Origination/Description: Every game I would play would somehow demonstrate the use of a KIR. Whenever it shows up in a video game I play, this is what I say.

Name: Never Assume!
Origination/Description: Whenever someone makes an assumption, such as, "You must like pie, assuming you ARE human!", someone else will follow up with, "Never assume!".

Name: Eyebrows! ... EYEBROWS!!!
Origination/Description: When Dr. Wily taunts you with his eyebrows before descending to his Wily Castle, this little ditty was sure to be expected from TBB.

Name: Learn to Love!
Origination/Description: In the early hours of March 31st, TBB was playing "Robot Unicorn Attack" while Steve relayed his hatred for me singing the song and playing a game such as this. My response? LEARN TO LOVE, Steve!

Name: There's a Secret!
Origination/Description: Whenever the little song-ditty plays in Link's Awakening alerting an item in a dungeon room, these lyrics we sung on cue.

Name: No Codes For You!
Origination/Description: During the second Mega Man Marathon, whenever a password screen would appear, I would mash the A button so no one could see it in time, complete with the spoken phrase.

Name: Oh, my God ... EASIEST GAME ... EVER!!!
Origination/Description: After defeating each boss on Mega Man 7's 'easy' mode during the second Mega Man Marathon, this phrase was shouted through this 'difficult' playthrough.

Name: *I* AM THE CO-HOST!!!!
Origination/Description: Sonix used to co-host so much and so often that at one point he would literally scream it over the mic, just so everyone was certain.

Name: ANGRY FAAAACE!!!!
Origination/Description: whenever TBB encountered a trainer battle in Pokemon Crystal, he would see (and scream) ANGRY FAAAACE!!!!

Name: Who will be the FRIEND of the day?!
Origination/Description: whenever TBB opens a WiFi room in Mario Kart Wii, the first to join becomes the "Friend of the Day". Runner up is the "Person of the Day".
What can YOU come up with?
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Pokemon026

Re: TBB Memes

Post by Pokemon026 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:32 pm

"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"
PulseLane

Post by PulseLane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:43 am

Name: Never Assume!
Origination/Description: Whenever someone makes an assumption, such as, "You must like pie, assuming you ARE human!", someone else will follow up with, "Never assume!".
Foxtrot200

Post by Foxtrot200 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Name: I'm gonna break you.
Originally derived from silly chatroom /me fights, arguments, and innuendo, this is a phrase commonly spoken by Banondorf to random people while they're speaking. It generally means "You should be hurt for saying that."
Gdub67

Post by Gdub67 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:14 am

GO GO GO

During a Banhammer Challenge once the player is announced several members of the chat will tell the person to "GO GO GO" to try and get everyones attention. I am not sure when or why this started, but I am proud to be a part of it.
"An escalator can never break--it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

-Mitch Hedberg
Grifforzer

Post by Grifforzer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 pm

"Shut Up, Wii remote".

Tom says this when he plays a Wii game with a low to dead battery remote.

Often times when playing games the battery indicator will remind Tom that the Wii remote battery is about to die. Tom usually replays "shut up, Wii remote".

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.
Grifforzer

Post by Grifforzer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Gotta put in "Water the choices"

Game Over time Banondorf asks "water the choices" and randomly posts 4 games possible for game over. A poll would be made and the winning game would be played.

(The last time Banondorf has done this according to Tom was summer of 2010)

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”