L4D2 Stream Members Only Game and Terraria Boss Rush

Any topics encouraging community discussions or debates.
Pelord

L4D2 Stream Members Only Game and Terraria Boss Rush

Post by Pelord » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I've probably mentioned this a few times in chat, but wanted to make a thread to see what interest there was. Not sure when I'll actually want to do these. Could be over the holiday, or might even have to wait until after the Mega Man Marathon if that happens in January. I'll just say that I'm hoping to do these as soon as possible.

I was thinking at some point to have a 'Stream Members Only' Left 4 Dead 2 game. I thought that this could also take advantage of some custom made maps. One of them was featured on the Official L4D site for quite a while, called Suicide Blitz 2. This map has a clever Easter Egg relating to the Gnome. The other map I thought could work is a remake of the Kokiri Forest and Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. The Forest Temple area actually has you searching for small keys to unlock doors, and features most of the actual puzzles. And it even has the boss, sort of. These will be played in Campaign mode. These maps should be available at any L4D custom map download site. For the holidays, there is also a VS mode Steam achievement for grabbing presents (this one would only be possible if the achievement is still available at the time).

The other thing I wanted to mention was the recent Terraria update. I was hoping to make this where we attempt to rush the bosses and share their loot. Currently, the official TBB Terraria server world is in 'hardmode' state, so it would work for this. The main focus will be the newer bosses, but the older bosses are also possible if there are any newer or less experienced players who still need the earlier equipment (so this will be open to both new and highly equipped characters). The various boss summon items, as well as healing/defense potions are a must. There are also a few strategies that can make the hardmode bosses a bit easier, but they might not be needed in a decent group. Considering the nature of the server, this would be open to anyone who is able to access the server, but everyone who plays would have to agree to share the drops.

This isn't exactly an official sign up (although space is limited to 4 per game for L4D2, and as I said, intended for members of the community), but if you are interested in either of these (or both), post here letting me know which you would want to participate in, as well as what day would be best for you (for the holiday, my only entirely free day has been Friday, and I will most likely not be able to host both on the same day). Should also probably add me on Steam (KOHPelord). Also, ask any questions you may have :P
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed

Return to “Community Discussion Topics”