About The TomBobBlender Show

Become familiar with the rules, structure and general expectations as a member of this amazing community.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

About The TomBobBlender Show

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello there, and thank you for expressing your interest in learning more about the show!

The TomBobBlender Show first aired on July 1st, 2008. It is currently the longest-running video game-related stream in the history of the world! The show features daily broadcasts of gameplay and music with most of its emphasis placed on playing classic video games from the 8- and 16-bit era and heavy emphasis on the community.

HOW IT ALL STARTED

"The TomBobBlender Show" first aired on July 1st, 2008. The original intention was to broadcast my pet ferret Buddii to a few friends. I announced it to a few of my YouTube subscribers, and wiithin a few days, a tiny audience was formed and video games started to become the main attraction. Since I had absolutely no experience playing any 3D games (pretty much deliberately avoided them since 1996), the community challenged me to play them live, at the trade of their direct help playing through the game (and turningg my horrible playing into comedy). The first game was The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii, which introduced a completely new experience for me, such as "Z Targeting", "Motion Control" and ... the worst of them all ... "3D environments".
I pretty much completely stopped playing video games after the SNES ended its run, mainly because of my shift of attention to practicing music and schoolwork (and the inevitable shift of the gaming market to 3D environments). After I finished undergrad, I slowly began to build more interest into video games and, being a huge Nintendo fan, I bought Wii with Mario Party 8 in the summer of 2006. My interest REALLY kicked in when I found out that my good ol' NES hero, Pit, was going to be in a Wii game. What game? I didn't know, and I didn't care. I just wanted the game. Because of this, I pre-ordered Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and this would have been the very first time I had ever pre-ordered a video game. I posted a video on my YouTube account announcing my friend code for the game, and soon had a relatively-dedicated group of gamers play daily. It was super great. My interest in gaming had revived, especially at the thought of playing people online.
Because I had stopped playing video games between 1996 and 2006, I missed several generations of games and then some, so I had a lot of catching up to do. This is where the heart of the show comes in: just about every game I do on the show is a blind run. What you see/hear are my first interactions with that game, along with the help of my fellow viewers.

ABOUT THE SHOW

The TomBobBlender Show first aired on July 1st, 2008. Since that time, the show has run practically daily with a consistent schedule of unique show segments such as Skype Interviews, Ask TBB, Nintendo Bead Art, Nintendo Cartoons and gameplay. The show was hosted on the 'goto-streaming-solution' USTREAM.tv on http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tombobblender. The show partnered with USTREAM.tv and was enjoying success. After a few years have passed, USTREAM's once-excellent customer support and its attention to users was overshadowed with their attention to large corporations. The 'little guys' would get buried, leaving them hard to be discovered. Ongoing issues persisted, including removing our show from the search bar from the entire site, making it increasingly difficult to be discovered by new viewers. Due to Ustream's lack of support for gaming streamers moved to JustinTV where the gaming community was certainly more active and appreciated. Met with much mixed reactions, The TomBobBlender Show made the official switch to JustinTV in April, 2011. Currently, we are basically rebuilding our community, hoping to attract many new future streamites.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

Return to “Stream Rules, Structure and Tutorials”