Chatroom Member Ranks and Titles

Become familiar with the rules, structure and general expectations as a member of this amazing community.
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Chatroom Member Ranks and Titles

Post by TomBobBlender » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Listed below is the official list of member ranks, their respective members, and their definition as they pertain to The TomBobBlender Show community.

Founder: commonly denoted by a '~' among many IRC clients, the Founder is the stream owner/director, which is TomBobBlender. This member has the highest rank, and is unable to be kicked or banned from the chatroom.

Administrator: commonly denoted by a '&' among many IRC clients, the chatroom Administrator is the 'powerhouse' of the chatroom, assuming all duties necessary to maintain, update and run the chatroom client. This member is unable to be kicked, banned or otherwise removed from the chat, unless administered by the Founder. The stream administrator is appointed to Foxtrot200.

Operator: commonly denoted by a '@' among many IRC clients, this is the highest rank a stream member can obtain. These users (often referred to as 'moderators' or 'mods') volunteer their time to help moderate the chat, keeping our community clean, friendly, welcoming and functionally sound. 'Moderating' may involve a number of responsibilities, not limited to resolving local chat quarrels, setting chat and stream modes and features, managing/moderating the Mumble server, as well as kicking and banning stream members. Moderators are able to remove any member from the chat, excluding the chat Administrator or Founder. These users MUST be willing to communicate effectively with stream issues, as well as group discussions with other chat Operators, the stream Administrator and Founder. Stream operators are carefully selected by the stream Founder, but may be recommended by other stream Operators. Stream operators MUST have a consistent record of positive chat behavior, especially with a display of respect to other members. Only consistently active members of the community are selected and retain this title. Stream operators may lose their rank without notice for any reason.

Current active, official Stream Moderators: AncientGuru, BrawlerX, empressdonna, gamingmaster87, Grifforzer, Pelord, PrototypeFate, yuki_fox_demon.
Spoiler for past stream Operators:
BigAl109
chuckroast
coldsteel1212
Demonglade
Eat_Box
HahaJoeJoey
KaidanXain
KevTehNev
Madny
MakouOfTheSky
Mashysoup23
Merik2013
monolith_
NobodyX
PaperBat
RagnellExuro
Smashdude29
Zemura
Half-Operator: commonly denoted by a '%' among many IRC clients, A Half-Operator is a probation status operator. They are able to voice, devoice, kick or ban any chat member who is not a Half-Operator, Operator, Administrator, or Founder. Half-Operators who meet the approval for full Operator will be granted such status at the appropriate time.
Current stream half-operators: InitialD, TheYokai.

Voiced: these members have registered AND identified their nickname through the Rizon chat system. In the event the chatroom is set to moderated, these users will be able to speak.

Unvoiced: these users are generally those who have logged in through the Mibbit chat from our Justin/Twitch channel who have not yet registered and identified their nickname with the community. In the event the chartroom is switched to 'moderated' for a given reason, these users will not be able to speak unless they are registered AND identified.

Other: for those members who do not wish to feel obligated to chatroom moderating, but still wish to participate in chatroom 'housecleaning' duties (such as setting the game, topic, etc.), consider informing the stream Founder with your decision to help. No visual rank is appended to these chat members.
Current Active, official chat 'other' members: WillSerenity, HammLaptop, PulseLane, InitialD, Lasersmaurai, Wyvernsage08, TheYokai, Pelord, Maverick-Hunter, gumbyx84, ModernHyrulian, shadowfreak1101, Stuart444, gamingmaster87, Griff
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

KreamCheese

Re: Chatroom Member Ranks and Titles

Post by KreamCheese » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Question: is there anything like a position that only deals with the forums and all, and not the stream per se? Just wondering. I would try and run for a position (if we ever had another running for thing) but I'm not on the stream enough (due to unavailability) to be loyal to a position. I am, however, on the forums here quite a bit more than the stream (as it's a lot easier to get on and work with things here). Anywho, just a thought I had, just a thought.
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 pm

KreamCheese wrote:Question: is there anything like a position that only deals with the forums and all, and not the stream per se? Just wondering. I would try and run for a position (if we ever had another running for thing) but I'm not on the stream enough (due to unavailability) to be loyal to a position. I am, however, on the forums here quite a bit more than the stream (as it's a lot easier to get on and work with things here). Anywho, just a thought I had, just a thought.
the mods are actually the ones that take care of the forums
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Yeah, I know... but just in case, it didn't hurt to ask. Thanks for replying :)
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
TomBobBlender
Site Admin

Post by TomBobBlender » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 am

I have not even considered that, Kream, but if you are interested, I can look into it for you. I will have a conversation with the community about this.
"Now You're Playing With Power!"

Wii Number : 3546-5127-8610-8011
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0301-9464-0567
Mario Kart Wii: 0516-7665-3917
Dr. Mario Rx Online: 4670-9321-8111
Tetris DS: 060635-257343
Mario Kart DS: 476896-529050
Tetris Party: 451135-831426

KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 am

a convo with everyone sounds like a plan to me.
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Return to “Stream Rules, Structure and Tutorials”