Spam accounts/bots.....

Anything non-video game, non-stream and non-TomBob related.
KreamCheese

Spam accounts/bots.....

Post by KreamCheese » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 am

What's with all the resent spamming of bots and random crap all over the forums? =/ I find it mildly annoying... though it is more than the actual people have been posting recently... so I guess it's something to read. haha.. but still. I'm a gonna guess that we can't really do much about it till it happens, right? Yeah, well, just wanted to get my thoughts out there to anyone who gives a hoot to listen. =P
vbhrei20
zhaoyan2323
DM613
discountjerseys
tianqibuhao11
yaofang623
Ovecuccernimi
yiyuycy21
fytful06
NemecFund
PPSNV3547
(to be updated nevermore xD )
Last edited by KreamCheese on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Grifforzer

Re: Spam accounts/bots.....

Post by Grifforzer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 am

ya.. the forum needs a little cleaning. =/

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 am

The old forum suffered from this as well, but the main issue is no matter how many bots/spam accounts we get rid of, they'll keep coming back.

If we could change the registration somehow to include a captcha and then deleted the bot and spam accounts, maybe that would solve the issue..

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:19 pm

we've already done as much as we can. you may not have noticed, but the number of bots has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. i used to have to delete 20+ posts a DAY. fox fixed the problem for the most part, though turning the captcha on the highest setting or whatever was preventing other people from registering, too. it's not too big of a problem at the moment, but we'll take care of it.
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 am

and thank you! Thank you very much Yuki :3 and all you guys who help admin these forums, thanks!
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm not complaining anymore, but just wanted to say I still update the list up above. might be useful somehow... nah, doubt it. but yeah.
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:06 pm

cheese there's really no reason to keep updating that list... the posts get deleted as soon as i see them, and they almost never repost. you're just gonna have one long giant list that doesnt really serve much of a purpose ^^;
KreamCheese

Post by KreamCheese » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Mkay. haha i'm gonna stop then.
~Dance Kirby Dance~
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
RvBVic

Post by RvBVic » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

i made a suggestion to Tom about this very thing that would help moderators with this i suggested to make a filter topic labeled as junk which you would only be able to access with moderator status or admin status wither Tom takes the suggestion is up to him though i try where i can to help the forums but im just one person but trust me this is not as bad as it was on kwing forums site it was worse on there and i think moderators can handle it if not Tom will just ask the community for suggestions via mumble or skype.
Nintendo/redvsblue/tombobblender/fan/
and all around good guy RvBVic is my name and doing things the fun but smart way is my game! nothing is impossible if you try hard enough to succeed you will always believe in yourself
and never give up even when all hope is lost you must push on and keep trying nothing is impossible as long as you keep trying your hardest to succeed you will eventually succeed and you will be proud that you never did once give up in what you believed in.
InitialD

Post by InitialD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 am

After every captcha system failed, I just decided to make a simple text input without any output back to the user other than that the registration failed. This has significantly reduced spam accounts. A user might slip through the cracks every 1-2 weeks, but we can keep up on it. I think we are fine with this system. If there are any problems or complaints, please tell any of our fine moderators or leave a post. We are here to assist the community :)
ImageImage
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 pm

InitialD wrote:After every captcha system failed, I just decided to make a simple text input without any output back to the user other than that the registration failed. This has significantly reduced spam accounts. A user might slip through the cracks every 1-2 weeks, but we can keep up on it. I think we are fine with this system. If there are any problems or complaints, please tell any of our fine moderators or leave a post. We are here to assist the community :)
thanks, D. and as i've said, i've been keeping on top of deleting the posts, so no need to worry.

Return to “Off-Topic/General Discussion”