New Forum Format Discussion.

Have a suggestion for the forum or chat? Post it here!
Yokai

New Forum Format Discussion.

Post by Yokai » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

I wrote a long write up here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ag ... y=CKmqoo4G

Basically, the forums need to go through some spring cleaning. Too many categories / stickies, many of them can either be condensed or removed. There's also some things that Tom can do to increase forum traffic from the stream and probably increase general popularity. Therefore, the above is a proposition for new possible forum management rules.

If you have your own, feel free to post your own Google docs version!

Many of the issues with this forum atm is small formatting issues. Things that should be getting higher traffic (games / general / art discussion) aren't because of the fact there's a million categories cluttering or taking up space when they really shouldn't! Keep that in mind when making your own format.
Pelord

Re: New Forum Format Discussion.

Post by Pelord » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Your layout looks good (so I don't think I need to write out a completely different concept), but I do have two minor suggestions:

I think a category for merchandise would be better as a subforum than a full forum category, if it's even needed.

For gaming sections, if that has to be divided down differently from your concept, it could just be 'Retro Gaming' (for all the previous generations) and 'Modern Gaming' (for the current generation). XBL and PSN discussion could easily go in the Modern category.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm

I don't think you have any bad ideas after reading over the document.

I just think that the new forum might need to be advertised more since people still post sometimes to the older forum (newest post was 27th October). I have most of the forums (this one, the old aforumfree and an older invisionfree one) bookmarked on my PC so I browse the older ones every now and again.

Most of us regulars (at the forum or the IRC) know that this is the latest forum though.. so I'm not sure quite how to sort that problem.

Probably doesn't help that the first link for the forums on google is the aforumfree one though XD.

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 pm

@ Pelord: the merchandise thread was posted by me after having a discussion with tom about ways to come up with money to spend on the stream besides taking money out of his pocket at that time, so we came up with that. Tom okayed it as a sticky ;)
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm

also, i'd like to add that i think it's a good idea to compress all the "Generation" Game threads. they pretty much just take up space, and I don't think we need a topic of every single game console, especially when people dont post abotu all of them x3
Hyp-

Post by Hyp- » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 pm

yuki_fox_demon wrote:also, i'd like to add that i think it's a good idea to compress all the "Generation" Game threads. they pretty much just take up space, and I don't think we need a topic of every single game console, especially when people dont post abotu all of them x3
*cough cough* 1st Generation *Cough*
Image Image
ImageImage
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 am

I think that might be because most of us haven't played any consoles from the first or second generation (and if we have, we probably don't have clear memories of them).

My first clear memory was of a fourth generation console (sega mega drive), though I have played a third generation console (NES).

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
yuki_fox_demon

Post by yuki_fox_demon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:05 pm

empressdonna wrote:I think that might be because most of us haven't played any consoles from the first or second generation (and if we have, we probably don't have clear memories of them).

My first clear memory was of a fourth generation console (sega mega drive), though I have played a third generation console (NES).
i can't help but notice most of the topics are made by donna under the generation ones XD

Return to “Forum/Chat Suggestions”