That guy with the rick astley badge

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
YGR55

That guy with the rick astley badge

Post by YGR55 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 am

Hello everybody, I am YouGotRolled55 AKA YGR, and yes you can tell by my stream name, I am a fan of internet memes. I don't think it could be any more obvious with the stream badge I have. :lol:

I've been a member of the stream almost since the stream began in July of 2008. I was a rather avid gamer back in the day but now I have been going through relentless amounts of schoolwork and extracurricular activities. I started with the Sonic series back in my childhood, a game I will treasure forever as it started my love for video games. Now I am currently playing Playstation 3 and Wii whenever I get the chance to. Favorite video game series include: Mortal Kombat, Kingdom Hearts, Hot Shots Golf, , Smash Bros., and Mario Kart. I know, pretty unique little combination of favorites.

Like Tom, I will be studying in the field of music education at the school I am enrolled in, first going for my Bachelor's degree, and perhaps a Masters later on. I play the Euphonium. Yeah, bet you've never heard of that instrument before. I've been playing it for 7 years, and am now a proud owner of a beautiful professional horn. I hope to someday teach music and contribute to a program that is unfortunately dying in some public schools.

I will probably not be able to go to the stream as often as I would like to now, but I promise to visit every now and then. It really does amaze me how much this stream has built over the past 5 years and it's been an honor to be there for most of those 5 years. It's been such a unique experience to interact with people I don't know at all, but to have fun and have a good conversation whether it be about the game we're playing or off-topic discussions, has been an extremely enjoyable experience. I really do hope I can join the stream as often as I can beginning August 19th, August 12th will probably be the last time I co-host for a little while unfortunately as I have to prepare myself for moving in and getting ready for the college experience. So yeah, I have a lot going for me and it's sad that I'm going have to take another long break from being on the stream, but I promise I will return, excited to say hi to all my favorite stream friends. Thanks for all of the fun memories so far Tom and stream friends of mine.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”