mIRC Tutorial for Rizon (with NickServ Registration!)

ModernHyrulian

mIRC Tutorial for Rizon (with NickServ Registration!)

Post by ModernHyrulian » Thu May 12, 2011 11:05 pm

I borrowed the general procedure from Foxtrot200’s post, so most of the credit goes to him. I’m basically combining the posts about mIRC and NickServ into one neat package for those who are having trouble. Again, credit the very awesome Foxtrot200 for his original tutorial!

Download and Install mIRC from http://www.mirc.com/get.html

When it is installed, open it and click continue when the registration dialog appears. Unfortunately, mIRC is now a 30 day trial unless you buy a license.
If you'd like to remove the registration dialog at startup, you must register mIRC.
-OR-

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: YOU CAN RESTART THE TIMER USING THIS UNOFFICIAL METHOD :!: :!: :!:
You can go to Start>Run, run regedit, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>mIRC, and delete the LastRun folder. The timer will restart, and you'll have another 30 days!
-ALSO-
If you are unable to reset the timer with the above method for some reason, try uninstalling mIRC and installing version 6.35, then attempt the method again. (You can get v6.35 from the same website I linked above, just look at the last sentence on the download page.) After the timer restarts, you can reinstall the latest version if you want.

Now that we have mIRC open, let's get started.
1. Click the "lightning bolt" in the mIRC toolbar:

2. A dialog should now pop up that looks like this:

Fill it out so it looks something like this, replacing Foxtrot200 with your username:

3. Click on the servers list item from the list on the left of the mIRC options dialog:

4. Click the "Add" button on the right of the mIRC options and another dialog should appear:

Fill it out just as I have in this picture:

5. Once done, click the "Add" button in the Add Server dialog box.
6. Now, there should be a new server entry called "Random Server" under the "Tombobblender" group. If you do not see it, double click the "Tombobblender" folder. Click "Random Server", and click the "Select" button on the right of the dialog box:

7. In the list box on the left side of the mIRC options dialog, there should be an option labeled "Options." Click it and set everything to your liking. I prefer these settings:

8. Once you are done setting everything to your heart's content, click the "Perform" button at the right of the dialog. This will bring up a new dialog box:

9. Click the "Add" button in the new dialog box, find Tombobblender, and click "OK":

10. Click on the drop-down list and choose "Tombobblender" from the list.
11. Fill the new dialog box as I have below, replacing "ModernHyrulian" with your username and “*******” with your desired password. Uncheck the “Enable perform on connect” box; we’ll come back to that after registering:

12. When you click "OK", you will be taken back to the mIRC options dialog. Click "OK" to save your settings and click the yellow lightning bolt in the mIRC toolbar to connect! You will be connected to the chat, but you can NOT say anything until you are registered.
13. Switch to the Rizon status window by clicking on the name. I will be registering a new username which is also what I go by on the Minecraft server, “Goongala”. Enter the following code and press enter:

Code: Select all

/msg NickServ REGISTER password-here email-here 
Where password-here is your desired password and email-here is your email address
(The email address MUST be valid as you will receive a confirmation code through it)
You’ll get the following message:

[00:20:0X] -NickServ- A passcode has been sent to email@emailaddress.com, please type /msg NickServ confirm <passcode> to complete registration 
14. Check your email. It might take a while for you to receive the passcode (it took about 5 minutes for me), just be patient. The email will look something like this:

15. Type what the email said into the status window and press enter:

You should get the following message:

[00:19:33] -NickServ- Nickname  Goongala  registered under your account: *Goongala@*.sw.biz.rr.com
-
[00:19:33] -NickServ- Your password is  *******  - remember this for later use.
-
[00:19:33] * Goongala sets mode: +r 
16. Disconnect by clicking the lightning bolt. Remember that Perform dialog box from step 11? Bring that up again, and check the “Enable perform on connect” box.
17. When you click "OK", you will be taken back to the mIRC options dialog. Click "OK" to save your settings and click the yellow lightning bolt in the mIRC toolbar to connect, this time as a registered member!

One more thing:
If you are unable to use your nick and you have already registered it, either someone is using your nick or you disconnected suddenly and the server hasn't pinged out the connection yet. To regain access to your nick, use the following command with the following syntax:

/msg NickServ GHOST Nick password
Where Nick is the nick you wish to take back and password is the password used when registering that nick.

If there are any questions or problems, please leave a post! Welcome to the Tombobblender community!
Last edited by ModernHyrulian on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Foxtrot200

Re: mIRC Tutorial for Rizon (with NickServ Registration!)

Post by Foxtrot200 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Ooh! Looks like I don't have to make one!
Nice work! *stickied*
Grifforzer

Re: mIRC Tutorial for Rizon (with NickServ Registration!)

Post by Grifforzer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 pm

If you have forgotten your nick's password:

Type this to request a reset:

/msg NickServ RESETPASS <nick>

After issuing that command, an email with a passcode will be sent to the email address registered to your nick from service@rizon.net. Copy and paste the command from your email (without quotation marks) within 24 hours or else the pass code will expire:

/msg NickServ ENTERCODE passcode (from email)

NickServ will then assign you a temporary password with the message Password changed to temporary Password. You can now identify to your nick by using the temporary password:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY temppassword

After you have successfully identified to your nick, you can change the password to your own choice:

/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD password

Neo Deboth Army having their fun while not trying to destroy Japan.

Return to “Stream Rules, Structure, Tutorials [OUTDATED]”