Visual Novels/Sound Novels!

PC Master Race
empressdonna

Visual Novels/Sound Novels!

Post by empressdonna » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:30 am

Some of you may know of Visual or Sound novels through the internet, or through playing games like Phoenix Wright.

These are also sometimes called Interactive Fiction games. So, any games that can come under this genre for PC may be posted here. Most VNs are listed on http://vndb.org/ (any that are considered VNs and are not there, just like to a wikipedia link). [be careful when searching VNDB, some games are NSFW]

VNs I have

This list excludes any NSFW VNs.

40 Days and 40 Nights of Rain
A Dream of Summer (Hitonatsu no Yume)
A Midsummer Day's Resonance (Natsu no Hi no Resonance)
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Narcissu
Narcissu: Side 2nd
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

please PM me before adding me to any messenger

http://dragcave.net/user/empressdonna
Lasersamurai

Re: Visual Novels/Sound Novels!

Post by Lasersamurai » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Neat idea. I don't really have any visual novels. I'm more waiting for the Clannad translation to finish or if it is finished to get it. XD I'll take any recommendations for Visual novels though.
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:13 am

I thought I would review the VNs I have listed (just a small review) to give people my opinions and also recommend VNs XD.

<b>Mini Reviews of my VNs</b>

40 Days and 40 Nights of Rain

I don't actually remember that much about this VN, so I can hardly review it well. I will probably replay and post an actual review in the future

A Dream of Summer

This was the first ever VN that I ever played and completed. I found this VN to be rather good in terms of voice acting and visuals as well as having a fun mini game (that helps with gaining CGs).

There is multiple endings for this game which makes the replay value bigger than some VNs as well as getting 100% of all the CGs in the game.

A Midsummer Day's Resonance

I don't remember too much about this VN, I think it was rather on the short side though. I will replay it soon for a proper review.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Without spoiling too much of the game or anime, I will just say that even though the drawing style isn't that good for this game or the Umineko game, it is worth playing if you are a fan of the series.

I personally have only played the Japanese version (and a demo fan translation of the first game) and have not tried the Manga Gamer official translation which has most of the main games done (apart from Rei).

Narcissu

Another game I need to replay to review. Sorry guys XD.

Narcissu side 2nd

I only played the demo of this way back when, but it is a sort of continuation of the Narcissu game (as far as I remember) and works the same way as the previous game.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

I cannot say anything bad about this game... even though the drawing isn't that great and there is no voice acting (only sound effects and BG Music, I love this series to bits!

There is currently 7 games in the series, with 6 of them having fan translations to this date, with episode 7's fan translation in progress and a upcoming game for the ps3 featuring the first 4 games content (as far as we know right now). I think there will be one more game in the series, but with the ps3 game being released in december (about the same time I expected game 8 to be released) we will have to wait and see.

-----

That is all I can really say about the games that I remember or that I think is right to say.

Games I want to play

- AIR
- Amagami
- Clannad
- Clover no Kuni no Alice
- Heart no Kuni no Alice
- Joker no Kuni no Alice
- Narcissu 3rd -Die Dritte Welt-

Lasersamurai

Post by Lasersamurai » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Now i'm playing Little Busters since my friend told me too. XD
empressdonna

Post by empressdonna » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 am

Bumping this up to add that like laser, I've been playing Little Busters! (to be exact, Little Busters! Ecstasy aka EX) and have so far done 2 routes :D

Return to “PC”