Steam Workshop Creations

PC Master Race
Pelord

Steam Workshop Creations

Post by Pelord » Thu May 24, 2012 6:06 pm

The Steam Workshop is where users share their community made content for various games, such as Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, and most recently, Portal 2.

This is a place to share your Workshop creations (approved with Tom's permission :P ).

My Workshop

At the moment, here are my Portal 2 Maps:

The Secret Club- My first map. Shouldn't be too hard, though those who prefer a controller might have a bit of trouble (don't worry, there are no ninja skill flings).

Over and Under There- Actually the third map I started to work on. Wanted to create a map using every type of gel, though I'm not too good with creating Conversion Gel puzzles three dimensionally.

Classic Testing- The 4th map I started to work on. I made this map to feel more like something from the original Portal. There are none of the Portal 2 testing elements in this map (though I'm not too sure if the cube buttons were introduced in Portal 2 or not).

Goddess Trinity- I started working on this map shortly after The Secret Club. It took me the longest to get this one to where I was ready to publish it. I hit the maximum entity limit several times, though I wouldn't say that this map is overly complicated. This map was inspired by Zelda, in case you were wondering.

The Secret Club (Co-Op Version)- A Cooperative version of my first map. May be easier or harder than the single player version due to various reasons that may or may not be beyond the control of myself and/or any potential third party.

Barrel Rolled (Classic Testing Co-Op Version)- A Cooperative version of of my 'Classic Testing' map. How can it be classic testing if it's Co-Op? As with the single player map, this map does not contain the newer Portal 2 test elements. Hope you have a good co-pilot.

(More maps from me soon, until then, post yours!)
Last edited by Pelord on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
GizmoEx

Re: Steam Workshop Creations

Post by GizmoEx » Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

My Workshop

Portal 2 Community Chambers:

Triplet - This was the first one I made, and it's the most simple. Most will probably get through it in a few minutes, but it was a nice way to get used to the tools and the interface.

Cyber Climb - This chamber is the most complex, in my opinion. This chamber also required the most tweaks and testing, making it clock in at about five to six total hours to make, spanning six revisions. It's also the largest file size at 10 MB. But I'm happy with the mechanics I used here, including a simple but fun basketball-like puzzle.

Cyber Labs - This chamber is basically getting from point A to point B. Sticking with the Cyber name, this chamber includes the use of gel. Some may not like that this chamber requires a bit of back tracking, but I tried to make what would otherwise be a simple and quick solution a little harder. This one took about three hours to make, and has a lot of puzzles involving buttons and cubes.

I plan to make more in the future.
TBB IRC Chat: vgplayer
JTV/TTV: GizmoEx
Steam: Gizmo89
Gamespot Profile
Youtube Channel
wildduder

Post by wildduder » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

-Wildduder
-Seakat
Pelord

Post by Pelord » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey, just wanted to add here that I've added some new maps, and that several other games have been added to the Steam Workshop since I first posted this thread.

The current list of Workshop games includes: Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, Portal 2, Dungeons of Dredmor, Civilization V, Dota 2, Dungeon Defenders, and Naval War Arctic Circle.

I still haven't experimented with anything outside of Portal 2, but I do own Dungeon Defenders if anyone has made anything for that game.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed

Return to “PC”