Friday CGC Choices

Post topics related to the TomBobBlender Community Gamers Club
Pelord

Friday CGC Choices

Post by Pelord » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 pm

With Tom's work schedule, I'll be taking Friday night (at least for a while, and most likely only for about two hours a night, depending on Tom's actual schedule).

Thing is, what should I do? Here are the choices (decided by a live poll, results to be posted in reply post):

Q.U.B.E.

Set in a mysterious and abstract sterile environment, Q.U.B.E. (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) is a first-person puzzle game that challenges players to navigate each level by manipulating coloured cubes that surround them. There's little to go on as the game begins - the player is dropped into an all-white room with few instructions, and simply has to figure their way out. The tone of game changes as the player finds small and big alterations to their environment, supported by an original score, inviting each player to let their imagination take over as to where they might be. Through experimentation and discovery, players will progress through an ever-evolving series of cube puzzles that will challenge them with logic, physics, platforming.

Quantum Conundrum

When you, as a young boy, are dropped off to visit your uncle, you notice something’s wrong. First, he’s not there to greet you. Second, there’s the explosion that happened right as you arrived. And third, the house seems to be even weirder than you remembered it. Now, your job is to find—and ultimately rescue—your uncle, by using his newest invention, the Interdimensional Shift Device (or IDS), to switch between dimensions and solve puzzles. That sofa too heavy to move? There’s a dimension for that! Switch to Fluffy Dimension and that sofa is now light as a feather. Need to get up to a high ledge? There’s a dimension for that! Just switch to Anti-Gravity Dimension and things begin to float upward. Need to make things heavier? There’s a dimension for th—well, you get the idea. Switch dimensions in real time, work your way through the crazy complex mansion wings and rescue your uncle!

Rochard

Grab a G-Lifter - your new best friend! Use it to change gravity at will, manipulate the environment, and throw huge crates at your enemies. Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System! Rochard is an award-winning side-scroller featuring hours of mind-blowing gravity gameplay, puzzle-solving and action. Narrated in a humorous cartoony style, Rochard tells a thrilling story of villains, a damsel in distress and a mysterious alien civilization.

Steam/XBLA Community Night

Playing online Steam and/or XBLA Multiplayer with the community, and/or playing single player community made content. Games included (but not limited to): Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Terraria, Dungeon Defenders, Sonic 4 Episode 2, Castlevania HD, Castle Crashers, Guardian Heroes, Perfect Dark, X-Men Arcade, The Simpsons Arcade, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade, and Uno. Also open to any ideas for other games.
2:18 Pelord: I'm not responsible for the damages caused from these videos
2:18 Banondorf: ... in bed
Pelord

Re: Friday CGC Choices

Post by Pelord » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:15 pm

The winner was Rochard, so that will be the game I will play on Stream.
Pelord

Re: Friday CGC Choices

Post by Pelord » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Rochard has been completed, so moving on to Quantum Conundrum.

Looking for game ideas to play during the Game Over time.

Return to “Community Gamers Club”