Moved to MinecraftBread.net

Server News and updates.
Foxtrot200

Moved to MinecraftBread.net

Post by Foxtrot200 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm happy to announce that the Minecraft server has been successfully moved from CubedHost.org to MinecraftBread.net with only a few casualties! Yes, unfortunately the Dynmap didn't make it and the MySQL database on the old server was made inaccessible before I could get to it, but the server will get along just fine without either. Neither contained data vital to the world or the players, so your game experience should be left in tact.

So, what's the plan?
The plan, as it stands, is the same as it always has been. In fact, we, Tom and I, have ensured that the move is as seamless as possible. Thanks to our redirect at TomBobBlender.com, you should be able to connect without changing a thing and the world will be just as you left it (or at least how the last person online left it).

I do plan to get the Dynmap working eventually, but that will require contacting MinecraftBread and likely an IP change as the plan we've selected, which costs us a mere $17/month, comes with a dedicated IP, meaning we're running on the default Minecraft port as we were on CubedHost where we were paying between $25-$30/month for the same thing.

Another thing to mention is that I've finally switched the server over to Spigot! This means a faster server and less lag! Though it does change some gameplay behavior, it shouldn't really change how things work for you as long as what you're working on isn't dependent on what mobs do when they're out of range of a player. It also apparently comes with an ore obfuscator. I have no idea if it's functioning or how to make it function if it's not, so we'll just have to see how that pans out.

That about wraps it up for this update. As always, thanks for playing!

Return to “Status Updates”